2023-24 Season Notes

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, we are sitting at 11-2 with 18 games left. How are they going to finish?  

im going to say they go 11-7 or 10-8 to finish the year. That would put them at 22-9 or 21-10. 

A lot depends on Mast. Look how Keita disappeared. With a healthy Mast back for Indiana, I'd agree with you.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I really hope they prove it’s not just because our schedule was easy.  

I really can't decide how good I think this team is.  The non-con games were largely a joke.

We looked horrible in our two losses.

We caught Michigan State when they were playing poorly.  But that's still a good win.  And we also caught Kansas State when they were in disarray.

I've seen us do enough good things to have hope that we can compete.  But were also #229 in the country in FG%, and #219 in 3PT%.  Against a pretty cushy schedule.

• TBH 1
7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I really can't decide how good I think this team is.  The non-con games were largely a joke.

We looked horrible in our two losses.

We caught Michigan State when they were playing poorly.  But that's still a good win.  And we also caught Kansas State when they were in disarray.

I've seen us do enough good things to have hope that we can compete.  But were also #229 in the country in FG%, and #219 in 3PT%.  Against a pretty cushy schedule.

That’s where I’m at. 

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Should this team be ranked rn or just keep letting them do their own thing and not worry about that??  I ask bc with being ranked brings more exposure to the basketball team but also more pressure to succeed.

They aren't ranked because our non conference schedule was so weak.  We win 2 of the next 3 and we will be ranked imo.     

On 1/1/2024 at 3:50 PM, Mavric said:

And we also caught Kansas State when they were in disarray.

I must be missing something?  They won the 5 games leading up to our game and have won the last 2?