NHL 2023-24

JJ Husker

Just now, GSG said:

Such insanely freak accident

Yes. But honestly I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more often. Those blades each have two razor sharp edges on them. With all the odd collisions and awkward falls……

This one hit a little closer to home as he is the same age as my son who played hockey for quite a few years.

As a Sens fan, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a season like this one. The amount of absolute ridiculousness surrounding this team is crazy. From new ownership to Pinto to losing a first round pick to firing the GM, it’s one thing after another. I hope the drama is over and the boys can just play hockey for a while. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Avs have been quite disappointing so far this season. They just are not taking care of business in their D zone. Last night they were up on the Yotes 4-1 going into the 3rd and ended up losing in OT 4-5 :facepalm:  s#!t like this has happened numerous times already this season. It is not goal tending. Giving up way too many turnovers, odd man rushes and horrible defensive breakdowns multiple times per game. Really they are capable of so much better. Maybe they’ll get it together but I would not be surprised to see them get bounced early from the playoffs.

• Oh Yeah! 1
9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

The Avs have been quite disappointing so far this season. They just are not taking care of business in their D zone. Last night they were up on the Yotes 4-1 going into the 3rd and ended up losing in OT 4-5 :facepalm:  s#!t like this has happened numerous times already this season. It is not goal tending. Giving up way too many turnovers, odd man rushes and horrible defensive breakdowns multiple times per game. Really they are capable of so much better. Maybe they’ll get it together but I would not be surprised to see them get bounced early from the playoffs.

Missing Gerard more than I expected. Toews called out his teammates recently.  Just figure it out come April.  I'd rather struggle a bit in the winter than to peak early like last year.

14 hours ago, runningblind said:

Missing Gerard more than I expected. Toews called out his teammates recently.  Just figure it out come April.  I'd rather struggle a bit in the winter than to peak early like last year.

Yeah, definitely better to peak towards end of season but this is more than struggling imo. The D zone breakdowns and inability to put a team away should be easy to fix. Sammy G and Lehky being out isn’t helping but I’ve watched virtually all of every one of their games and something just isn’t right. Intermittently they play an awesome period or half game but the rest of the time they are just uncaring and horrible. Hopefully they get it figured out before somebody like the Kraken eliminates them again.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, definitely better to peak towards end of season but this is more than struggling imo. The D zone breakdowns and inability to put a team away should be easy to fix. Sammy G and Lehky being out isn’t helping but I’ve watched virtually all of every one of their games and something just isn’t right. Intermittently they play an awesome period or half game but the rest of the time they are just uncaring and horrible. Hopefully they get it figured out before somebody like the Kraken eliminates them again.

Definitely have to have the drive, which is TBD you're right. They have leaders on the team, but Landeskog continuing to be out is a larger issue than folks realize in the locker room. The biggest difference between 22 and 23/24.  That and a 2nd line C. :lol:

2 hours ago, runningblind said:

Definitely have to have the drive, which is TBD you're right. They have leaders on the team, but Landeskog continuing to be out is a larger issue than folks realize in the locker room. The biggest difference between 22 and 23/24.  That and a 2nd line C. :lol:

Lande being out has been huge. I mean he’s been around the team and is still the C but I wonder if he’s hesitating to get on guys real hard since he hasn’t been playing. All I know is they are capable of doing significantly better. Hopefully it won’t be a full 2 year Cup hangover.

There’ an OOC gem in here if anybody is interested :lol:

• Haha 1

Jets, Canucks, Stars skating pretty well.  My Oilers, not so much right now.  

The Edmonton Oilers will get it together in time to make a great playoff run, and get swept.  In round 2.  Or round 1.  

But I do know my team  chuckleshuffle

PS.  As an Oilers fan, I also happen to like the Phila Flyers.  Just always have.

Forever

• 2 months later...

I am not happy with the Avalanche today. They traded Kurtis MacDermid to the Devils for some nobody prospect and a 2024 7th round pick. Toughest enforcer in the league and they’ve had him riding pine and now trade him. :steam  He could play forward or defense and they really weren’t losing that much playing him on the 4th line. Helped keep the other team’s tough guys in check. I hope he beats the s#!t out of one of our players the next time we play New Jersey.  Now the toughest guy we have is Manson. He’ll go but he’s no Dermie.