Huskers vs Creighton

Unfortunately this seemed fairly predictable. Huskers getting some wins against a fairly soft schedule, hyping up this game big time, and Creighton already had their wake up call against Colorado state. Combine that with Creighton wanting revenge for last year. 

Flush it, get better, and don't let things start to spiral for the season. 

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Don't mind losing, but a little disappointed in the quit. 

The mental part was in the first half with the shooting. Seriously???  You can’t make a three?  And Mast missed a bunch at the rim that he should have easily made. Once that happened, they knew they were beat in the second half. 

I can’t remember when a basketball loss pissed me off this much. 

• Plus1 1

For years teams have shot 3s well against us.  Seems very likely that the way we play defense is giving better looks to our opponents.

And, really, Creighton didn't even shoot all that great.  Their high-water mark (that I saw) was 43% right about half time.  They shoot 40% on the year.  Husker fans just don't know what actual good shooting looks like.  They were just a hair above what they normally shoot.  And they only finished 35% for the game, so actually well below their season average.

At one point in the first half we bombed four straight threes just because we wanted to.  We don't look for the best shots.  Just fire away.  Allick has been averaging less than one three-point attempt per game.  Why shoot four today?  Mast is a 34% three-point shooter.  Takes more than Tominaga today.

Obviously 9% on threes is terrible.  But it's not like we've been burning down the nets this year.

• Plus1 2