WR Julian Fleming -> Penn State

Mavric

15 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Any indication as to whether him and McCord are a packaged deal?

Not sure I would say package deal but getting McCord would have had us in a really good spot with Fleming from the sounds of it.

So I'm not sure we're totally out of it with Fleming but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

• TBH 4

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not sure I would say package deal but getting McCord would have had us in a really good spot with Fleming from the sounds of it.

So I'm not sure we're totally out of it with Fleming but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

I just don’t see how we pull a high level receiver when there is nothing in place with who will be getting him the ball on a regular basis. I feel we would have to have some type of transfer QB that would make him comfortable with his decision. I don’t think Raiola would be enough to pull hi. With one year of eligibility remaining 

31 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That sucks.  Figured once we didn't get McCord then we weren't getting him.  Nebraska needs playmakers badly on offense.  Matt Rhule can't expect Raiola to come and put all of the offense on his shoulders like what Frost did to Martinez.  Hopefully they actually do get a playmaker at running back and wr otherwise expect a long season with the pieces we have in place.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That sucks.  Figured once we didn't get McCord then we weren't getting him.  Nebraska needs playmakers badly on offense.  Matt Rhule can't expect Raiola to come and put all of the offense on his shoulders like what Frost did to Martinez.  Hopefully they actually do get a playmaker at running back and wr otherwise expect a long season with the pieces we have in place.

The receivers we have are better than you think.  We could use more experience yes, but we have talented frosh.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 6

52 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Nebraska still very likely could sign Julian Fleming based off of what Penn State does.  Apparently he is playing the waiting game bc Penn State is going after a wr from the portal that previously played for Miami.  If that wr chooses Penn State then we could be in store to gain Fleming's commitment which would really help the offense out.

Surprised Fleming is just sitting back and waiting on that. You’d think if PSU didn’t want him if they took the guy from Miami then Fleming would want to move on. 
or am I reading that wrong? 

• Mavric changed the title to WR Julian Fleming -> Penn State