RB Situation

I think lucky is the best for this offense and he showed it tonight. He just has the speed that nobody else does. I think we could win with any of them int he backfield.

just a note- i want to just say that i am very happy callahan ran the ball as much as he did. this was exactly what i needed to see. this summer was dominated with all the work with the run and it showed off today. GBR!

Lucky. I missed the fourth quarter when Glenn and Wilson got a lot of carries, but Lucky sounded like a feature back to me (radio). Also, he had a nice day receiving - just overall a dangerous weapon for us.

Hope we'll see a little more of BJax. Wilson needs some polishing, but the other three all did great.

When did Glenn break out the long runs though? He was averaging around 3.5ypc when I had to stop listening.

Oh, and I eat my words when I predicted under 200 yards running. We ran smoother than I ever hoped today, the whole offense (after the first quarter, anyway) and far exceeded my offensive expectations.

The running game wasn't all that great today, until the second half, when NU's strength and conditioning came into play. In the first half, the running game was disturbingly similar to last years.

Huh? Sorry but like thekid said, we had more rushing in the first half than we averaged all last year, including a couple of good runs. If you attribute our rushing total to just better conditioning, I think you are out of your mind. We had great blocking and a lot of great cuts and broken takles. If it's just conditioning, why didn't we run up 300 yards rushing on Maine last year???

I have to say I was really impressed with the way Lucky caught the ball and a couple of times when he hit the hole man it was like he was being shot out of a cannon!!!!! Glenn is one hell of a bruiser type back he just runs over your ass with no fancy moves!!!! Just get outta my way I have places to go!!!!! Jackson was fairly good as well he will catch my eye more as the year goes on IMO. Wilson does need some work, but for not having been here that long he did well!!!! Overall, everyone should watch out for our running game!!!! Just when you get used to one back and get him tired, here comes another one!!!!! :restore

Lucky really impressed me. I think last year he learned that he can't just bust outside and run away from people everytime like he did in high school. He looks a lot bigger this year and looked tough running up the middle, and showed that he has the will power to do so. The other backs looked great too... Glenn did about what I expected from him and so did Jackson, Wilson was a bit of a let down, even though his touchdown run was nice and the hold was pretty much a non factor, his let down was putting the ball on the turf twice