RB Situation

I'm not about to decide who had the best performance. They all had a great day. Lucky showed good speed, good vision, suprising strength, and good recieving. Glenn was was a tank with a high dosage of speed. Wilson had some great runs, but he needs to hold on to the ball better. One one of those fumbles, I think he was trying too hard to stay up and made it easy for a Bulldog to come in and strip it. Jackson only had three carries but had easily the best run of the game. All in all, I think we have one of the best backfields since the mid 90s.

Not to flip the topic too much, because i think all of the rb's made hands down improvements from last year, but what about giving a few kudos to the big boys up front. From where I was sitting, those looked like some nice holes, and we had some nice lead blocking from o linemen and tightends the whole game. It looked to me like it was a team effort to revive our rushing attack.

After watching the game a couple of times, (yes I know, I taped it and I am a dork for watching it again already). Our guards and center got blown up way to often. Lucky hit the hole the most and from what I saw had the best vision. Glenn seemed to be looking for someone to hit more than actually hitting the hole and going forward. Wilson needs to hang on to the football, in a battle that he is in for playing time, turnovers may be the determining factor on who gets to play and how much. Jackson seemed to play on some of the basic plays that we shown last year and ran a bunch.

Marlon #1 and Glenn 2 and then jackson and then wilson is the way it should be for now !

they're all number one in my heart, tho!

and to be honest, i like the concept of having a revolving RB. everyone gets reps, everyone keeps fresh, and it lessens the chance of losing someone to repetive plays due to injury.

After watching the game a couple of times, (yes I know, I taped it and I am a dork for watching it again already). Our guards and center got blown up way to often. Lucky hit the hole the most and from what I saw had the best vision. Glenn seemed to be looking for someone to hit more than actually hitting the hole and going forward. Wilson needs to hang on to the football, in a battle that he is in for playing time, turnovers may be the determining factor on who gets to play and how much. Jackson seemed to play on some of the basic plays that we shown last year and ran a bunch.

I dont think it is Glenn looking for someone to hit...but more of...if you're going to come hit him, he's going to make you remember it so next time you think twice. :nutz

Honestly, I dont want to be redundant, but all of them!!!!!! Everyone got touches, everyone was productive, and not only does each back give a different look, but it kept them all very fresh, so that when they were in there, they did not go down easy. As a matter of fact, I cant remember one time when a back didnt fall forward, or push the pile, and in a lot of cases, they were outright breaking tackles and being playmakers. They all looked great!!!