Question for Truck Guys

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Okay, so I have a 4 cylinder now

Also, I hate driving fast and I am TERRIFIED of driving in the rain and snow.

Good lord, I am not a man.

You don’t need a truck. You need a plastic bubble…and a tampon :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, admo said:

LMBO I'm quite sure you get tuns of good trim as it is chuckleshuffle

Love my miata, and everybody wants to drive it and see if they remember how to shift using a 5 speed lol.  

Except, one buddy (everybody has that clown in the group) who likes to tell me "I know your not gay, but your car is" lolol and we laugh.  

I also have a conversion van that gets 10mpg.  Bought it used in 2003.  I put in a bad a$$ sound system, CB radio, has bed in the back, and some camping equipment ready on the rig.  Good AC/Heater.  Still drives great but I get a tune-up every summer.

image.jpeg.194307e32f5686eebb45c5b269a9e260.jpeg

Yeah, I have seen that van in some serial killer documentaries.  

Things did not turn out so great for the kids.

• Haha 2

@admoI remember when the Miata came out and people were blown away by it, it was/is a cool little sports car!

And I used to have a 6 speed Wrangler and people always wanted to try and drive it, it was such a novelty. 

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

You don’t need a truck. You need a plastic bubble…and a tampon :lol:

Remember the hit Alice Cooper song

"Only women (and teachcd) bleed"

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I have seen that van in some serial killer documentaries.  

Things did not turn out so great for the kids.

I was a highway man....   (song by the supergroup Highwaymen - Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Christopherson, Johnny Cash)  

I have contemplated about selling van and putting a hardside camper on my PU truck.  I think about it a lot.  

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I LOVE not having payments!

Car payments are stupid if you can figure out how to get ahead.

Years and years ago, my wife and I agreed we were not going to have car payments again.  We paid off our cars, then started a completely different savings account and put in that account what we were making for payments.  We then drove our cars till they absolutely fell apart.  By then, we had enough to buy new cars.  Kept doing putting money away...and boom....again had the money for a car when needed.

Last year was the first year I had ever bought a brand new car.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Years and years ago, my wife and I agreed we were not going to have car payments again.  We paid off our cars, then started a completely different savings account and put in that account what we were making for payments.  We then drove our cars till they absolutely fell apart.  By then, we had enough to buy new cars.  Kept doing putting money away...and boom....again had the money for a car when needed.

Wow  

That's so cool, and smart

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah...I was car paymentless for like 12 years, it was great!

• Oh Yeah! 1
6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, you did make car payments, they were just before you got the car. :B)

27 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well, you did make car payments, they were just before you got the car. :B)

And I didn’t pay any interest and got paid a little interest.  And….in an emergency, I have access to the money. 

And….one of the biggest….when I go into buy a car, the salesman doesn’t give me the total BS sales pitch about how much the payments are.  We just talk about price. 

• TBH 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And I didn’t pay any interest and got paid a little interest.  And….in an emergency, I have access to the money. 

And….one of the biggest….when I go into buy a car, the salesman doesn’t give me the total BS sales pitch about how much the payments are.  We just talk about price. 

Oh yeah, that’s definitely the smart way to do it. I was just bustin chops.

And yeah, I hate when they talk about payment amount, like that’s important. Doesn’t matter if I’m paying cash or financing, all I want to know is how much is the vehicle and how much lower can they go.

• TBH 1