Question for Truck Guys

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah...I can see that too!

I don't drive that much...right now I fill up probably once every two weeks or so and it costs like 35 dollars to top it off.

If you get a truck your gas expense is going up by about 1.5x. Commando is correct, about 17mpg is it. I can get upwards of 20-21 on the interstate but it runs 16-18 in town. And mine has a deal that cuts out 4 of the cylinders when they’re not needed. Probably would run 14-15 at best without that feature.

Talk to some of your firemen buddies. They know their way around fancy new trucks :lol:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

If you get a truck your gas expense is going up by about 1.5x. Commando is correct, about 17mpg is it. I can get upwards of 20-21 on the interstate but it runs 16-18 in town. And mine has a deal that cuts out 4 of the cylinders when they’re not needed. Probably would run 14-15 at best without that feature.

Talk to some of your firemen buddies. They know their way around fancy new trucks :lol:

Okay...I see what you are doing and you know I will take the bait, so here we go (a$$h@!e)

The fire station near my house...at all times will have this combo

Two brand new trucks, backed into their parking spot of course!  And then that one old minivan, from the dude that is a fireman BUT made the mistake of getting married and having kids.

Always, without fail.  The trucks are always different because those dudes get new trucks every 17 minutes but the minivan...I swear I think it is an astro van.  

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I honestly don't know how people live without a pickup.

Edit:  Yes I do.

Me:  Hello

Dude: Hey, you have a pickup...would you haul something for me?

100% just about to say that.  You get a text twice a year from people to help them transport Wash/Dryer, Refrig, Mattresses, Furniture, ATV, etc... and of course you have all the bungee cords and straps and a free saturday so they can offer to buy you a pizza lol. 

The worse was being asked to help move heavy appliances and furniture from from 2nd floor apartment to another apartment on third floor.  I told them that they make good money and just need to pay for professional movers.  

Outside of helping others, Trucks are fantastic.  I've had several.  The ones I bought used I well sell them.  The last truck I bought was brand new in 2006.  Dodge Ram 1500.  Paid it off in 2011/2012.  Free of payments since. And I still drive it a lot today and use it.  Great for camping and hauling my own stuff.

• Plus1 1

@teachercd don't worry about the fuel, it is what it is.  I've had my share of complaining and it does no good except to vent.  

But I also have an old gas saver that I bought for $2400 in 2008 and gets around 30mpg and fun to drive.  1996 mazda mx5 miata, manual 5 speed, convertable.  It's basically a fast go cart / sports car that can hug corners like nothing else.  I don't have a pic to upload, but this is what it looks like exactly.   So get a truck and a gas saver.  

Oh and don't get a 6 cylinder truck, get an 8 banger.  

rj40EYP7-Dk9ovL1poc-(edit).jpg?t=170155615668

• Oh Yeah! 1
11 minutes ago, admo said:

@teachercd don't worry about the fuel, it is what it is.  I've had my share of complaining and it does no good except to vent.  

But I also have an old gas saver that I bought for $2400 in 2008 and gets around 30mpg and fun to drive.  1996 mazda mx5 miata, manual 5 speed, convertable.  It's basically a fast go cart / sports car that can hug corners like nothing else.  I don't have a pic to upload, but this is what it looks like exactly.   So get a truck and a gas saver.  

Between having a bad a$$ truck and that sick Miata...how are any of the rest of us gonna get some pu&&y???

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

17 minutes ago, admo said:

Absolutely. Don’t get a 6 cylinder. The mileage placard looks better but if you’re gonna get a truck, get frikken truck. That 6 cylinder Canyon I had was the quickest I’ve ever switched vehicles. It might be good for Grandpas Doggy Doo service but that’s about it. It didn’t help that I was used to Yukons and full size pickups. The cabin felt cramped like a VW bug. I like to spread out and have some room.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Absolutely. Don’t get a 6 cylinder. The mileage placard looks better but if you’re gonna get a truck, get frikken truck. That 6 cylinder Canyon I had was the quickest I’ve ever switched vehicles. It might be good for Grandpas Doggy Doo service but that’s about it. It didn’t help that I was used Yukons and full size pickups. The cabin felt cramped like a VW bug. I like to spread out and have some room.

Okay, so I have a 4 cylinder now

Also, I hate driving fast and I am TERRIFIED of driving in the rain and snow.

Good lord, I am not a man.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Between having a bad a$$ truck and that sick Miata...how are any of the rest of us gonna get an pu&&y???

LMBO I'm quite sure you get tons of good trim as it is chuckleshuffle

Love my miata, and everybody wants to drive it and see if they remember how to shift using a 5 speed lol.  

Except, one buddy (everybody has that clown in the group) who likes to tell me "I know your not gay, but your car is" lolol and we laugh.  

I also have a conversion van that gets 10mpg.  Bought it used in 2003.  I put in a bad a$$ sound system, CB radio, has bed in the back, and some camping equipment ready on the rig.  Good AC/Heater.  Still drives great but I get a tune-up every summer.

image.jpeg.194307e32f5686eebb45c5b269a9e260.jpeg

• Oh Yeah! 1