Question for Truck Guys

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ehhhh, I knew that was coming!

I honestly don't think I care but I know it is a big deal for some.

I have driven chevys for a very long time. I finally wanted something different and went with the Toyota Tundra 1794 edition.  I love it.  It has more power with a 6 cylinder than I had with a v8 in chevy.  Technology in it is awesome.

If you're looking for an older used truck, not sure how the older Toyotas are.  I like a truck that feels comfortable.  So many feel like you're driving a lumber wagon.  Chevys fit that bill and Toyota has taken it to another level.

Wish I could find the video. Guy made this hilarious fake commercial about guys buying trucks but never using them for anything other than commuting - fits about every guy in my neighborhood. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GSG said:

Wish I could find the video. Guy made this hilarious fake commercial about guys buying trucks but never using them for anything other than commuting - fits about every guy in my neighborhood. 

Yes, that is pretty much what I am looking for!

I might use the bed occasionally for stuff but not a lot.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have driven chevys for a very long time. I finally wanted something different and went with the Toyota Tundra 1794 edition.  I love it.  It has more power with a 6 cylinder than I had with a v8 in chevy.  Technology in it is awesome.

If you're looking for an older used truck, not sure how the older Toyotas are.  I like a truck that feels comfortable.  So many feel like you're driving a lumber wagon.  Chevys fit that bill and Toyota has taken it to another level.

Thanks!

I’ve been driving GMCs for a long time. Latest is a 2018 Sierra SLT with some upgrades. It’s basically a Denali without the Denali badge or grill. I really like this one. But yeah it’s basically just a commuter until I have to haul a washer & dryer or fridge or lumber or hook up the trailer to get a load of mulch etc. if you’re never going to do anything like that, prob don’t need a truck.  But it’s very handy when you need to do that stuff.

I’ve never liked Fords. My first car was an old pos Ford and our first company truck was a F350 that rides worse than a lumber wagon. I’m sure they’re not as bad as my experience. Lately I’ve noticed a lot of Dodge/Ram around here. No experience with those. The GMCs I’ve had have been extremely comfortable. The one exception was when I dropped down in size and had a V6 Canyon. Too small for me and it was horrible to drive on I-25. Notorious stop and go traffic and it didn’t have enough power to pick up and go again to stay with the pack. Got rid of it within a couple years. When I step on the gas, I want s#!t to happen :D

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ve been driving GMCs for a long time. Latest is a 2018 Sierra SLT with some upgrades. It’s basically a Denali without the Denali badge or grill. I really like this one. But yeah it’s basically just a commuter until I have to haul a washer & dryer or fridge or lumber or hook up the trailer to get a load of mulch etc. if you’re never going to do anything like that, prob don’t need a truck.  But it’s very handy when you need to do that stuff.

I’ve never liked Fords. My first car was an old pos Ford and our first company truck was a F350 that rides worse than a lumber wagon. I’m sure they’re not as bad as my experience. Lately I’ve noticed a lot of Dodge/Ram around here. No experience with those. The GMCs I’ve had have been extremely comfortable. The one exception was when I dropped down in size and had a V6 Canyon. Too small for me and it was horrible to drive on I-25. Notorious stop and go traffic and it didn’t have enough power to pick up and go again to stay with the pack. Got rid of it within a couple years. When I step on the gas, I want s#!t to happen :D

I like the look of GMC trucks.

I also like Chevy Avalanches!  

And I LOVE Jeep Wranglers.  

I am so confused!

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, commando said:

FWIW....i don't know of any pickups that get good gas mileage.   i can already see you complaining next fill up if you buy a truck.   especially one with a 30 gallon tank like mine.

Yeah...I can see that too!

I don't drive that much...right now I fill up probably once every two weeks or so and it costs like 35 dollars to top it off.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Yeah...I can see that too!

I don't drive that much...right now I fill up probably once every two weeks or so and it costs like 35 dollars to top it off.

i believe most trucks get about 17 MPG.   how does that compare to what you are driving now?