Thunderin' Bolts vs Nicholls

3 hours ago, Loebarth said:

They like that Ty Horn 95+ 2 seamer.. also, kind of surprised they're not giving sears a shot at friday but hey, I'm not the coach nor qualified to be one so, just win baby!! 

I agree! Headed over Sat to game. I assume the decision is more about Christo than Sears. Bolt knows that at through 4 weeks that Sears is his so-called Ace, and Sears will just throw whenever.  I think he wants to show confidence in Christo, so didn’t want to remove him from Friday after his first opportunity. Just my thoughts 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, HANC said:

I agree! Headed over Sat to game. I assume the decision is more about Christo than Sears. Bolt knows that at through 4 weeks that Sears is his so-called Ace, and Sears will just throw whenever.  I think he wants to show confidence in Christo, so didn’t want to remove him from Friday after his first opportunity. Just my thoughts 

I kinda like Sears moving to Saturday as he's been just nails this season. With him in the Saturday spot, he can right the ship if you drop the series opener and if you win on Friday you love your chances turning the ball over to him to get the series win.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I kinda like Sears moving to Saturday as he's been just nails this season. With him in the Saturday spot, he can right the ship if you drop the series opener and if you win on Friday you love your chances turning the ball over to him to get the series win.

@HANC @Xmas32 - Both of you make very good points. See.. I told you I'm not qualified to be a manager of a team :)

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Loebarth said:

@HANC @Xmas32 - Both of you make very good points. See.. I told you I'm not qualified to be a manager of a team :)

lol, I fall into that same category!  You are right, bc I know many , even guys within the program thought that maybe he would move back to Friday. I was just trying find some reasoning. I just hope that Sears and others continue to keep up the pace as we advance. It is baseball, so I am sure all of our pitchers will have a rough outing at some point or two 

• Plus1 1

Remember this name: David Condon and pray we never have to deal with his calls at home plate. Absolute horrendous plate umpire.

and...

The Iowa game: look at this, Top of the 5th, no outs (Total Pitches) W. Illinois 72 @ Iowa 100 

100 pitches in less than 5 innings