Thunderin' Bolts vs Nicholls

14 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

21 games - 4 against DII opponents & 14 against teams that have an rpi of over 200.

Silly post to say the least. There's a reason Nebraska has the #1 ranked NC SOS, the #2 SOS and the #2 ranked RPI. You might not think much of Nicholls but I assure you the writers, coaches and even computer algorithms do. The Nicholls starter we faced last night will be a top pick in next years draft as he's only in his second year. Not sure you know who the coach is for Nicholls (Mike Silva) but his coaching ability has never been doubted and at every stop the pitching has been impressively impeccable. (Maybe take a moment and do a google search.) Nicholls played in the 2023 Tuscaloosa Regional as the 4 seed and could have (might say should have) beaten bama in the opening game (losing by 1 in the btm of 9th, 4-3) and most of the Nicholls team returned this year. 

Here, I'll make it easy for you:

2024 southland conference preseason projection

2024 Opening Day Write Up by the Opponent

and finally, if you don't want to read, here is the preseason interview with Mike Silva regarding the 2024 season.

Coach Speaks

Alabama Coach Jason Jackson on facing Nicholls in the 2023 Regional

Alabama baseball interim coach Jason Jackson on Nicholls State

"We know they' have a great ball club," Jackson said. "They've had a really good season. They haven't announced a starter yet, but I know they have a really good arm that's had a great year. They have an older, veteran lineup that's done a really good job offensively for them. All of our focus is right there trying to go 0-1 tomorrow night."

Jackson declined to reveal the Alabama starting pitcher. Nicholls State went 4-0 to win the Southland Conference Tournament, is batting .288 on the season and has a 4.50 earned run average on the mound.

Jacob Mayers has a team-best 9-1 record and 97 strikeouts with a 1.93 ERA and team-high 70 innings pitched but also 55 walks. Tyler Theriot has a 5.14 ERA and 3-4 record in 61 1/3 innings.

"I think that they're a really well-rounded team," Jackson said. "When you look at their numbers, they have a really good Friday night starter but they also have some other pieces around them that have done a really good job on the mound. You have an older, veteran lineup that is really competitive. They have really tough at-bats, they're hitting close to .300 as a team. They like to run, they like to action a little bit. I think they're just a really well-rounded ball club. I think they've got great leadership, and coach Silva has done a great job. They're going to be a tough opponent for sure."

but... I digress, I mean you rightfully have your opinion and I have mine. Nobody is wrong.

• Haha 1

Are you serious... First inning over with the pitch count of the starters sitting at Nicholls start 33, Sears (NU) @ 35. Watching the game on ESPN+ and the zone is unbelievably bad. Strikes are called balls, balls are called strikes. One pitch called a strike and the next, in the same spot, a ball but honestly, I have grown to expect this. It's an issue throughout college ball.

• Plus1 1