Reggie Bush to Get Heisman Trophy Back

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I mean I don’t care but he did break the rules in place at the time he played. Not sure how subsequently adopting NIL etc. years later now makes what he did okay. Oh well IDGAF….

This is where I'm at. I don't really care about the Heisman after Suh got snubbed, but Bush did break the rules at the time. Seems weird to say we're retroactively making that not a violation.

If Bush gets his Heisman back, does that mean Ohio State gets to reinstate wins from Tattoogate? 

• Plus1 3

I think this is a Heisman ruling not NCAA but I could be wrong.  I don't think they are part of the same thing but I guess I don't know for sure. 

Forfeited wins (stupid punishment unless you are giving the losing team the win.  Punishments should be simple, if you cheat, you lose home games, that is it) is an NCAA thing, right?

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think this is a Heisman ruling not NCAA but I could be wrong.  I don't think they are part of the same thing but I guess I don't know for sure. 

Actually I think you are correct. I don’t believe the Heisman Trophy Trust (formerly the Downtown Athletic Club) is subject to NCAA rules or compliance.  So I guess they can do whatever they want.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Actually I think you are correct. I don’t believe the Heisman Trophy Trust (formerly the Downtown Athletic Club) is subject to NCAA rules or compliance.  So I guess they can do whatever they want.

Plus, everyone has basically just stopped listening to the NCAA anyway and anytime they go to court they get beat like me when I would talk back to my Mom.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Plus, everyone has basically just stopped listening to the NCAA anyway and anytime they go to court they get beat like me when I would talk back to my Mom.

Haha….I’m sure you earned those beatings :lol:

I can’t remember what I did to start this but one time my mom was gonna slap me, I took off running away and she followed. She slipped on a rug on a wood floor and fell flat on her back. I went over to make sure she was okay and as I leaned down she reached up and slapped me probably 3x harder than she would’ve originally :lol:

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Haha….I’m sure you earned those beatings :lol:

I can’t remember what I did to start this but one time my mom was gonna slap me, I took off running away and she followed. She slipped on a rug on a wood floor and fell flat on her back. I went over to make sure she was okay and as I leaned down she reached up and slapped me probably 3x harder than she would’ve originally :lol:

Classic!

When I was a kid I pissed my Mom off and she told me to go "get the belt" my Dad had this leather belt that was CLEARLY purchased at some Child-Abuser-Store, it was NOT something you would find a K-mart or the mall.  It was designed to beat asses of kids.

So I got the belt and hid it and I told my Mom I could not find it...TO THIS DAY...it is still hidden in their house.  Me and my brother still joke about it.

• Haha 2