K-State's Josh Freeman

bennychico11

I hope none of you wish the kid failure strictly because he changed his mind -- this happens all the time with teenagers. So give the kid a break. Ok.

I think we would all understand the fact that he changed his mind, but the fact that he couldn't come up to Callahan and tell him face to face or either over the phone that he decided to go to KSU is what everyone is pissed off about. A damn text message is what he thought was the most appropriate way to tell someone that you changed your mind, thats like breaking up through an email. Very inappropriate.

:yeah:yeah

If he was mature enough to start school early

he could have called coach C. and told him

personaly. After going to one of his high school games

and seeing all the red in the stands (his high school

colors were light blue might you) the support he got

from all of the Nebraska fans each week and to do

what he did was just total bull sh#t.

• 2 weeks later...
Kidding aside, we kind of came to the conclusion when he was still planning on enrolling at NU that he would need some development before he would be ready for Division 1 football. We figured he was somewhat of a raw talent. In reality, it may take him a couple of years before he becomes a factor at KSU. Remember that car salesman Rhett Bomar didn't look so wonderful either at first. Personally, I have no bad feelings for Freeman and wish him the best. Let's not come off being soar grapes about this. He's just a kid who didn't know what he wanted.

Whether you dislike KSU or not, it's very possible in a year or two that he may be a very good QB. I hope none of you wish the kid failure strictly because he changed his mind -- this happens all the time with teenagers. So give the kid a break. Ok.

i totally agree, hes just a kid.

people make mistakes, its just if you learn from it that shows your maturity

Kidding aside, we kind of came to the conclusion when he was still planning on enrolling at NU that he would need some development before he would be ready for Division 1 football. We figured he was somewhat of a raw talent. In reality, it may take him a couple of years before he becomes a factor at KSU. Remember that car salesman Rhett Bomar didn't look so wonderful either at first. Personally, I have no bad feelings for Freeman and wish him the best. Let's not come off being soar grapes about this. He's just a kid who didn't know what he wanted.

Whether you dislike KSU or not, it's very possible in a year or two that he may be a very good QB. I hope none of you wish the kid failure strictly because he changed his mind -- this happens all the time with teenagers. So give the kid a break. Ok.

I'd pretty much agree, although he should have handled it better.

I do blame his dad and Princess though. They are really the reason's he switched.

He'll probably turn out to be a decent QB.