Huskerhater.com

huskerhaze

I was not real impressed with BC's game plan. I do think BC played it safe and conservative. If anyone thinks he did not, I would like to hear your reasonings.

I think it was a good game plan. I think that his thinking was very similar to TO in the 94 title game against miami. keep it close and then hit them when they are tired. I think he wen a little TOO far with the running, but not by much. look at it this way. if marlon lucky holds on to a simple handoff(not blaming him, just pointing out that its not that big of an IF), and we catch just one of those 3 balls thrown by them right to our db(once again not that big of an IF) we might all be calling BC a genius.

lets not forget that we were playing a better team at their place.

I was not real impressed with BC's game plan. I do think BC played it safe and conservative. If anyone thinks he did not, I would like to hear your reasonings.

I think it was a good game plan. I think that his thinking was very similar to TO in the 94 title game against miami. keep it close and then hit them when they are tired. I think he wen a little TOO far with the running, but not by much. look at it this way. if marlon lucky holds on to a simple handoff(not blaming him, just pointing out that its not that big of an IF), and we catch just one of those 3 balls thrown by them right to our db(once again not that big of an IF) we might all be calling BC a genius.

lets not forget that we were playing a better team at their place.

I'd agree with this statement. Couldn't finish a couple drives, penalties hurt and the defense didn't generate a turnover and the offense gave the ball up. If it was 21-17 and NU got the ball back with 3 minutes left, but we still lost, would everyone have felt better about it then? The way I see it, you take away the mental miscues, and that's pretty much how it would have turned out.

USC might win the title, and people are jumping off the bandwagon. :wtf Seriously, this season is far from over, our schedule is favorable, and the team is very talented. They have some things to work on, and next weeks game could be tough, but I think this team is tough as well. I assume the players, like me, can't wait for the next game so they can get on the field and play. GBR!

I say all of the fans who want to jump off of the "bandwagon" can go ahead a leave and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out!!!! We don't need those types of fans, we need people that are willing to support the TEAM!!!! :angry:

This is still surprising me. Why would people get off the Husker bus? Is it because we got beat by a team that could only win the nc? Is it because we proved we are much better than a year ago? Is it because we are going to run the rest of our schedule into the ground? I don't know, but I don't want you if you are being negative about a loss to the #2 team in the nation. GBR and :restore

Who are these people that you all are speaking of? I have heard people criticize BC and/or the game plan, but haven't read of anyone that has said they are turning their back on the team. Could you point me to the correct thread?

There was a lot of that on the thread "lost some faith." There were people on one thread, the bring back solich thread, (which started as a joke mind you,) already naming possible replacements for BC. :wacko:

I don't agree with some of what has been said so here is my rant.

I can understand why some would be upset over the game, I mean we lost. And with any Husker loss, people must expect fans to take it hard, and react with varying manners of temperament. This being said, there is a level in which some achieve the rediculous. Some have achieved this through the "wanting the head of Callahan", others can achieve this through putting Callahan on a pedastel by exclaiming him beyond criticism. Either side, in reference to solely this game, is a little extreme. Hopefully, those who wanted BC's head for this were just "in the moment" , pissed, and over-reacted. On the other hand, I think it is unfair for people to exclaim these people as "anti-husker" or "fairweather fans". If you do, does this mean one cannot be critical with or upset with BC without be deemed "anti-husker"? I disagree with my wife a lot of time, it does not mean that I love her any less. I was not real impressed with BC's game plan. I do think BC played it safe and conservative. If anyone thinks he did not, I would like to hear your reasonings. Do I suoport BC any less now than I did last week, NO! Isn't crazy how one can be critical of and still care?

:yeah

1 loss is not the end of the season.

Passing game wasn't there. How many times in those 16 attempts did Taylor NOT scramble? How many? Receivers weren't getting open routinely in 8 man coverage.

What lost the game was the fumble and penalties. Take away those and you have a shot to win the game. You start airing it out with wreckless abandon, you get INT's. Sorry guys, that's how it is.

is there a different board out there for some of you????  We lost...get over it ...I will eat crow if you want me to....

Are you going to be like Harvey Perlman and tell me that I should be more interested in other things besides football at my university?!? Well, we haven't had season tickets in our family for over 70 years to just be casual fans! This is important Shiite.

is there a different board out there for some of you????   We lost...get over it ...I will eat crow if you want me to....

Are you going to be like Harvey Perlman and tell me that I should be more interested in other things besides football at my university?!? Well, we haven't had season tickets in our family for over 70 years to just be casual fans! This is important Shiite.

What is important is this weeks game, then next weeks and then the week after that. USC is now in the past. Let's focus on the current games.