Huskerhater.com

huskerhaze

the kids didn't lose the game, the coaches lost it.....period

... and? Yeah the sucks for the kids but move on... coaches make mistakes just like players and wrong decisions just like players. We lost 1 game to a top 5 team in the nation and looking ahead on our schedule WE CAN run the table, dont throw a fit if we lose 1-2 more. Focus on the Big XII North and then the Big XII title, it took a couple years for us to start slipping off the map and will take a couple to get back on :restore

We should continue to look forward that is true. I doubt almost anyone that posts here expected us to run the table and be playing for the NC. So, in that respect one loss is not a killer and we should hope the team continues to improve and get better and make for a good season. My concern is that with the coaches attitude are the players going to lose faith in them and not want to play as hard for them.

I hope not and hope the kids continue to play well and do the best that they can throughoutt the season. I guess that in the long run is what bothers me the most about the game. I think the kids played their damedest and hardest and left everything out on the field, but that the coaches didn't give the team the same kind of effort.

This sh#t is getting ridiculous. Nebraska lost 1 flipping game and everybody is off the bandwagon now? Good lord. This was, by far, the best team NU will face all season, Texas included. This game is only going to make the Huskers better in the long run. I predicted this team to finish 10-2 regular season and I still stand by it. Tonight, the offense did not execute. The run has been used to set up the pass this season and they were not very successful running the ball. The defense did about as good as could be expected against a very good USC offense. I think that this team is the best team that USC will face all season, Notre Dame included. All this game shows is that USC is still on the top and Nebraska is not quite there yet. We're getting close though. :restore

I honestly think that our offensive game plan was not that bad of a plan. We had a few holding penalties that killed some drives plus we only had one possession in the fourth quarter. Sure, I thought that passing would of opened up the defense but that was no guarantee. The only time that I would really argue with BC with running the football was with 7 or 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter.

I don't agree with some of what has been said so here is my rant.

I can understand why some would be upset over the game, I mean we lost. And with any Husker loss, people must expect fans to take it hard, and react with varying manners of temperament. This being said, there is a level in which some achieve the rediculous. Some have achieved this through the "wanting the head of Callahan", others can achieve this through putting Callahan on a pedastel by exclaiming him beyond criticism. Either side, in reference to solely this game, is a little extreme. Hopefully, those who wanted BC's head for this were just "in the moment" , pissed, and over-reacted. On the other hand, I think it is unfair for people to exclaim these people as "anti-husker" or "fairweather fans". If you do, does this mean one cannot be critical with or upset with BC without be deemed "anti-husker"? I disagree with my wife a lot of time, it does not mean that I love her any less. I was not real impressed with BC's game plan. I do think BC played it safe and conservative. If anyone thinks he did not, I would like to hear your reasonings. Do I suoport BC any less now than I did last week, NO! Isn't crazy how one can be critical of and still care?

I don't agree with some of what has been said so here is my rant.

I can understand why some would be upset over the game, I mean we lost. And with any Husker loss, people must expect fans to take it hard, and react with varying manners of temperament. This being said, there is a level in which some achieve the rediculous. Some have achieved this through the "wanting the head of Callahan", others can achieve this through putting Callahan on a pedastel by exclaiming him beyond criticism. Either side, in reference to solely this game, is a little extreme.  Hopefully, those who wanted BC's head for this were just "in the moment" , pissed, and over-reacted. On the other hand, I think it is unfair for people to exclaim these people as "anti-husker" or "fairweather fans". If you do, does this mean one cannot be critical with or upset with BC without be deemed "anti-husker"?  I disagree with my wife a lot of time, it does not mean that I love her any less. I was not real impressed with BC's game plan. I do think BC played it safe and conservative. If anyone thinks he did not, I would like to hear your reasonings. Do I suoport BC any less now than I did last week, NO! Isn't crazy how one can be critical of and still care?

Nicely said. :thumbs