Weight: 225

40 Time: 4.4

Visit Date: 11/24/06

Schools Offered: NU will offer on visit

Favorite: Committed to Nebraska

Ranking/Stars:

Rivals: #10/****

Big Red Report:

Assessing the Talent: Spring Grad., & #10 rated JUCO prospect, JUCO: Coffeyville CC, ('05 Max Emfingers' All-Amer)

Odds of Becoming a Cornhusker: 100%>>>SIGNED LETTER OF INTENT

Larry Asante

DB 6-1 205 Alexandria, Va. - Hayfield HS/Coffeyville (Kan.) CC

“I just felt deep down that it was the right school for me and the right place. I’m going to work hard to make sure that I live up to what the Blackshirt defense expects. I can’t wait to carry on the tradition.”

hello, it is now (basically) official that he will be visiting this weekend:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewp...sp?pr_key=57244

hello, asante & chandler visited ia st this weekend to see ia st sqeak by d1-aa northern ia, & they left impressed:

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=590073

GOOD GOD! If he is impressed with Ames Iowa, Lincoln should feel like Beverly Hills to him then! I can't see how he was soo impressed by barley beating Northern Iowa!

hello, asante & chandler visited ia st this weekend to see ia st sqeak by d1-aa northern ia, & they left impressed:

asante has set another visit to ks st on 12/15 - it is too bad that NU could not have brought him in this weekend, & wrapped him up

GOOD GOD! If he is impressed with Ames Iowa, Lincoln should feel like Beverly Hills to him then! I can't see how he was soo impressed by barley beating Northern Iowa!

Maybe it's the JUCO perspective. Even 1-AA goods so much better than what they've seen at the JUCO level. Similar to the Fairfield Inn being a step up from motel 6. Just a theory...

This linkey was listed as a Sept. 25th date and since then Asante has said he likes ISU.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ri...tory_recruiting

I just don't see how we can lose out to ISU or K-State on this one. He sounds like he likes Nebraska and our facilities and history should blow this kid away. Anyone know about an official visit date?

He's back in the mix and we should have a good shot.

See this link http://nebraska.scout.com/2/594626.html

Scout is free right now so hope the link is up. He visited for the Colorado game and was hosted by BJax. Rated the visit very highly. Was told he would compete for the FS spot to replace Shanle. Even though he is listed as LB, we are recruiting him for safety.

Initially was high on ISU but don't think they will get him now. Visited KSU when they upset Texas. Just visited us for the CU game. Still wants to visit Arkie and Clemson.

3 years to play 3. Could be an excellent fit.

:bonez

So it might come down to either Asante or Hicks. Either would be a good fit for the last LB position.

I believe Asante is being recruited as a safety. Said today on scout he gave the visit a 9.7. I like our chances with the guy. I hope he is N

Since West isn't in the picture anymore, I would love to see Asante commit to us. we need all the depth we can get in the secondary.

I've liked Asante the whole time. Would be nice to get him N. :hellloooo

By the way, what happened to West? Anybody have anything definitive... :dunno

Scout is reporting that he will make his decision tonight. Is that true?

Rivals says tomorrow on rivals radio...then scout has the teaser saying tonight, but if you are able to access that story you would find out that they then start it out by saying he will announce tomorrow morning...so I have no idea what they are trying to do with that. It doesn't make sense to say he will announce tonight and then say he will announce tomorrow morning in the same article.

Scout is reporting that he will make his decision tonight. Is that true?

Rivals says tomorrow on rivals radio...then scout has the teaser saying tonight, but if you are able to access that story you would find out that they then start it out by saying he will announce tomorrow morning...so I have no idea what they are trying to do with that. It doesn't make sense to say he will announce tonight and then say he will announce tomorrow morning in the same article.

Trickery! Their trying to confuse us.

i hope that it is not true about the Clemson teaser

Me too...I noticed yesterday Rivals had a teaser on Yancy on the Purdue site...and we all know how that ended! Hopefully the same is true and Asante is NU bound!

WOW I thought he was Clemsons for sure!!! I was so shocked/excited when rivals said he was N!

So if hes got 3 years of eligibilty do we stick him at LB or S? I think he needs to go LB

WOW I thought he was Clemsons for sure!!! I was so shocked/excited when rivals said he was N!

So if hes got 3 years of eligibilty do we stick him at LB or S? I think he needs to go LB

I've seen his weight listed everywhere from 225 to 205. If its the latter, I say he should stay at safety. Yet, even if he is closer to 225, I may just want him to play SS. He'd kill people back there...

Wherever he will inflict the most damage. I think he would at safety.

I've seen his weight listed everywhere from 225 to 205. If its the latter, I say he should stay at safety. Yet, even if he is closer to 225, I may just want him to play SS. He'd kill people back there...

If he's as good as advertised, he should play safety. Probably the easiest way to get on the field. I would love to have someone that size patrolling the middle of the field.

Welcome, Larry!

Been reading the posts...I have to admit it would be cool to see him at SS busting opposing receivers heads! :rickjames

Edit: Rivals now lists Asante at S...he is no longer listed at LB.