NU vs KU

Even with this argument of schedule strenght, you can't talk. We did what we were supposed to, blow them out. You didn't. If you want this, it could have been this, well then what if there isn't a holding call when M Lucky got us down to the 20. What if Grix picks off the ball at the start of the 2nd half and takes it to the house. Don't bring that kind of crap up. We are going to blow you out this Saturday, and we will never hear from you again.

Even with this argument of schedule strenght, you can't talk. We did what we were supposed to, blow them out. You didn't. If you want this, it could have been this, well then what if there isn't a holding call when M Lucky got us down to the 20. What if Grix picks off the ball at the start of the 2nd half and takes it to the house. Don't bring that kind of crap up. We are going to blow you out this Saturday, and we will never hear from you again.

Your right Kid, Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda. Your absolutely right. But we will not get blown out this weekend. That is just an ignorant statement. Please tell me how nebraska will accomplish this? What game plan would you use against KU, since you clearly know NU will blow us out??

Please...do tell...

You also did what you were supposed to do against USC. Fold like a little girl.

:laughpound

Gentlemen you know this troll won't have the cajones to show up after the blue pidgeons get beatdown.

This is what drives me nuts!! How can you get on here and say that? Where is the logic behind it? Nebraksa is gonna win by 4 touchdowns!!!! LOL. What, is Nebraska going to give Ohio State their unifroms?? Please!!! There is no way NU will blow out KU. I gaurantee it!!

WOW!! I have really awoken the Pink Shirts!!! This is great!! News Flash- THE 90's ARE OVER!!! Stop livin in the past!!

Ands for the poster calling me out about KU only scoring 13 against USF. Well, clearly you didn't watch the game....and I don't blame you, the last thing I want to do is watch Nebraska play another team. But for your info KU should of had 27 points in that game. KU fumbled a touchdown pass on the USF 1 yard. They recovered it in the endzone for a touchdown. The KU had a long run by Cornish called back because of a personal foul.

So actually the score should have been 27-7. Kind of like how the USC VS Nebraska score should have been 35-10, but then they downed it at the Nebraska 7 at the end of the game. Good thing Pete Carrol shows good sportsmanship.

And another than. That was pretty chicken sh!t what your coach CallaWTF did, completely shutting down his offense against USC, and playing not to get blown out!! That was the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. I can't wait to watch this disaster on Saturday. This board will be calling for Callahans head next week!!

:laughpound

40-15 Nough Said.

How can I say this? it's rather easy to determine that your'e pathetic homer-troll. who's greatest wish is to run back and forth the buffet line to get Mangino's sixth helping. but prove me wrong, {though I know ya won't} man up and be here sunday to eat your plate of blue crow. :box

Run the ball with Lucky and Wilson, with Glenn running people over near the goal line, which will set up the play action. Then let ZT go off all over your team. He and the receivers will have a big day.

WOW Kid. You got it all figured out huh? Run the ball. That's funny. Considering KU hasn't given up a 100 yard rusher in their last nine contest. Nice try though. KU will plug up the run and force Taylor to go to the air. He'll have some sucess, but it will be short lived due to his tendancy to make mistakes. I'm guessing 3 picks if Callahan plays to win. 1 pick if he folds up the show and plays conservative like he did @USC.

:clap

These little Icons are cracking me up! I'm starting to like this board, even though it doesn't appear to like me.

KU is Hated by many, respected by all. -Max

After reading a little more, it appears to me that KU is prone to turnovers - that is going to be their key to the game. If they can eliminate them, they may be able to hang around a little.

We are a much improved rushing team over the pathetic excuse we showed in KU Land last year. However, I don't think we are going to have the same success we did against La Tech/Nicholls State/Troy.

Callahan will start off trying to establish the rush - if KU has no turnovers they may keep in the game for about 2.5 quarters.

About mid-way through the 3rd, we'll open up the passing game. Taylor will probably utilize a lot of the TE's and RB's in open space on their green LB's. This will loosen things up for the run, and a widening margin.

Prediciton if turnover battle is close: 35 - 17.

Prediction if Meier throws a couple INTs in the first couple of quarters, NU roles: 49-10

Run the ball with Lucky and Wilson, with Glenn running people over near the goal line, which will set up the play action. Then let ZT go off all over your team. He and the receivers will have a big day.

WOW Kid. You got it all figured out huh? Run the ball. That's funny. Considering KU hasn't given up a 100 yard rusher in their last nine contest. Nice try though. KU will plug up the run and force Taylor to go to the air. He'll have some sucess, but it will be short lived due to his tendancy to make mistakes. I'm guessing 3 picks if Callahan plays to win. 1 pick if he folds up the show and plays conservative like he did @USC.

:clap

These little Icons are cracking me up! I'm starting to like this board, even though it doesn't appear to like me.

KU is Hated by many, respected by all. -Max

Well damn chuckles, you seem to compare Kansas with Southern Cal when we played them. now that's funny. There are three basic reasons that Kansas will fail on saturday.{read slowly so you'll get it} 1. you don't have the defense you had last year. 2. it's at our house. {when was the last time you won here?} 3. you can't beat Toledo at there place, what on god's earth makes you think you got a prayer with us? as for as the "90's go, get used to it cause this game will resemble that. now go tell mommy what a tough guy you are.......

Typical anti-NU troll.

Finally, for the first time in forever, there are down years in Lincoln, and they can't help themselves but to claim that the dynasty is over and that any team (including their own) can beat the Huskers.

Is this the best team in Huskers history? Of course not. But is it better than most trolls will acknowledge? Absolutely.

Here's why we will beat KU handily this Saturday:

1. Depth. We've got much more of it. We go about 10 deep on the O-Line, 14 deep in the front seven, 6 deep at WR, and of course we know our RB spot is in fantastic shape. Only the D-backfield is a problem area.

2. Talent. Not much to say here other than: "We've got more than you do!" This is not a KU team of the past, and this is not one of the great Husker teams - but there is a considerable edge in talent leaning our way.

3. Memorial Stadium. Teams do not come into our house and walk away with a win too often. A night game in Lincoln?? Good luck, KU.

4. Motivation. As much as McKeon and the team denies this, you can bet there are a bunch of Huskers licking their chops for the shot to exact some revenge and put KU in its place.

5. History. One out of 36. To quote our little troll, "Nough said".

NU 38

KU 17

And that's being generous.

This was posted on huskerpedia.com by 'huskerband.' read this and weep KU fans

"In the first four games Kansas has outgained their opponent by only 206 yards, 1459 to 1253. Not such a shocking stat, but consider this: in the Toledo game, which they lost, they actually outgained Toledo. In their three wins they have only outgained their opponent 1068 to 1016. This includes a game against the University of Louisiana Monroe Warhawks (1-2 team from the Sun Belt) in which they were outgained 428 to 351. Kansas won that game by two points. ULM missed an extra point and failed on a 2-pt. conversion try. By contrast, Nebraska 6th in the nation in total offense with 472.5 ypg, and 21st in the nation in total defense allowing 257.75 per game. USC outgained us 399 to 211. The closest anyone else has gotten is La Tech at 584 to 305, still a 279 yard difference.

In the last four games, Kansas has committed 11 turnovers. That includes 7 interceptions and 4 lost fumbles. Thier defense has only created 5 turnovers (2 Int and 3 Fumbles). That leaves them with a -6 turnover margin. In contrast, Nebraska is at +4 with 9 takeaways (2 Int, 7 Fumble) while only losing 5 (3 Int, 2 Fumbles).

Kansas has outscored thier opponents by 38 (114 to 76). To be fair, they have outscored their opponents by 44 in regulation (taking off Toledo's 6 in OT). Nebraska has outscored their opponents by 126 (157 to 45). NU's offense has scored 43 more points, while allowing 25 fewer.

If you remove the two losses, the competetion for both teams stack up almost equal. Troy and ULM are both decent teams as far as the SUn belt goes. Nicholls St. and Northwestern St. are both D-1AA teams with losing records. La Tach and South Florida are both mid-major teams that have been bowl-eligible and upset a few teams in recent years. If you add USC and Toledo back in, NU has faced a tougher schedule and still raked up far superior statistics. Also, NU's stats are softened due to pulling starters and eating clock later in the game. Joe Ganz entered last week's game with about 10:00 left in the 3rd. From that point on, NU only threw the ball 6 times.

Fan-bias aside, Kansas is far outmatched. They face the prospect of playing freshman QB that is not 100% or their back-up. The game is in Lincoln. All these things will be reflected in the score. Not only will Nebraska win, but they will win big, easily covering the current spread of 21 pts."