What about Taylor?

Huskrz65

I don't know if this subject has come up before or not. But with all of the talk of Frost in the other thread, what are the chances of Zac being drafted? And if he's not, what do you think his immediate plans are? Do you think Callahan would offer him a position as a coach?

My thoughts are that he would make a good pro QB. He knows the WCO. He just isn't getting alot of publicity. We'll see if the UT game raises his stock.

Zac is going to get drafted in the 3rd to the 7th round. With being 6-2 and playing in a pro style offense he will be drafted. He will be a backup quaterback in the pros. He won't start but be a quality back-up. Zac is a damn good quaterback and one of the toughfest I seen. For only being 2 years at the program I think the Husker fans will make him a Husker legend. To me, he saved the program. Without him who knows how this whole fireing Solich and hireing Callahan would have gone. Zac is proud to be a Husker and so I'm I. HUSKER FOR LIFE!!!! Strength Determination Merciless Forever :wasted:woo:horns2:cheers

Zac may not be getting much publicity from the media, but I'm willing to bet that the NFL scouts have been taking notes. The guy can handle the position, proven leader, isn't afraid to stand in the pocket, can throw a frozen rope, and has shown some mobility(granted he isn't Vick, but who is?). I think he will go in the 4-5 round at a bargain. :woo

Gruden sounded way to impressed with Taylor for them to not pick him with their last pick at worst... I'm sure he will go 3rd-6th round. Up or down depending on this XII Championship Game, Bowl game, and Combine.

Most of that was buddy talk for Cally's benefit. I've seen flashes of Taylor and his numbers are good and he seams to come through at just the right time.

I don't buy into the whole WCO/learning curve. If a team needs a QB fast they'll get a veteren. If they draft a QB it's for the future if at all possible. I don't think he gets ANY points in the draft for his understanding of the WCO. Toughness in college is one thing but toughness as a QB in the Pro's is another. A pro QB has got to be tough mentally and smart enough to avoid very fast 300 lb guys. There ain't not QB in the NFL today that is physically tough enough to deal with the hits from the current top D linemen, LB's and blitzing secondaries. It's a different game at a different level. Ask Trent Green.