9-3 or 6-6

look i am frustrated too but BC still needs time to keep us going...i think we have shown improvement overall....the defense is questionable i agree and maybe a guy from wisconson is not the guy to go with...but my main comment is for some of you older fellas....i was in grade school in the 80's and i remember shutting off the TV during bowl games cuz i couldnt stand watching the huskers blow a game like they seemed to....am i right? if so what was the conversations then around the state...was it time to get rid of TO? Did we have many 9-3 or whatever years?

i think we just need to be patient and see what happens in the next few years....i am concerned though that we dont seem to have a young QB to take over after next year, assuming Keller does work out if not we are in big trouble....

I am curious what you all thought of the late 70's and 80's

Why not just do what some of you people want. Fire the head coach in any season they do not win the national championship.

:sarcasm

How about we just be competitive for the NC every year, make a bowl game every year, and really good bowl games, to help fund the university and the athletic department, 8 out of 10 years.

Of course we are not going to win it every year, but lets compete. We were still in the NC race after the USC loss, but after the last 2 we are now fighting for big XII North supremacy.

And we have not done any of those things sence Colorado blew the doors off in 2001(havnt been to the conference championship game sence '99 even). Instead of making the corrections needed before the 2002 season, we continued down the path to ruin.

Realisticly we were never in the NC race. We would have had to blow the doors off USC and texas, and that was never going to happen.

We are still in the rebuilding phase, that didnt even get started untill the 2004 season. The kind of rebuilding we need isnt a two or three year project. We were all expecting more of this team that what they are capable of. When the Big 12 teams come out at the end of the season, I have doubts if we will have any players on it. Maybe the second team.

Throwing coaches under the buss after less than 3 years is insane. Until the end of year 5, you cant get a real good idea of how things are going. People will throw out some seemingly amazing turnarounds, and not see what happened before it.

Oklahoma - Stoops wins a NC in his second year. But the foundations for it were built on the players brought in by Blake. Even if a number of players had possition changes, they were still Blake's players.

Notre Dame - Weiss gets too much credit. Wilingham was there for 3 years, building the talent base up, and doing the dirty work of installing a pro-style offense.

We are in year 3 now. Have patience, regardless how much it hurts to lose games to teams we are not used to losing to. If we end year 5 in the same state we are now, then by all means, change the staff. But I dont believe it wil be the case, and neither do most of the experts. If you read most of the preseason material, they all pretty much said we are a year away from being Nebraska again. As much as we sometimes hate to admit it, these experts do tend to know what they are talking about.

fg;jkar'ofg409it[0-q35ikgt

jkhgpw456jyhqw4

cuss words. DAMN PEOPLE, I'm getting too old to hear all this crap for a third decade. WAAAAHHHHHH Dr. T can't win the big one, he can't beat OU he can't get a NC. People badmouthing the team need to sack up and realize this isn't the first time for this kind of poo.

Oh yeah, everyone has the right to state their opinion good or bad and if it's bad don't feel hurt if you get called a bandwagon fan. Especially if it's the only time you show up is to post waaaaaa stuff.

EDIT: Thx strigori you said it much more elegant than I ever could or would want to. :)

GBR

I say we fire all the coaches and take away all the players scholarships and start all over again. :sarcasm

"We can bring in someone with Nebraska Values and understands what it is like growing up here and cheering for the Huskers his whole life. We don't need any of those Big City folks coming in here and changing things around. We need to stick to what we have always done because that is the Nebraska way."

I'm Pete Ricketts and I approved this messege. :asshat

We will go 9-3 and go to the Big XII Championship game

i wouldn't chalk any of these last 3 games especially the a&m game up as a win.

If we were to fire Cally at the end of this season you can bet your a$$ no coach worth a damn is going to want to come here considering how fast we fire coaches!!!!

i agree. we did it 3 years ago and look what happened.

I say we fire all the coaches and take away all the players scholarships and start all over again. :sarcasm

"We can bring in someone with Nebraska Values and understands what it is like growing up here and cheering for the Huskers his whole life. We don't need any of those Big City folks coming in here and changing things around. We need to stick to what we have always done because that is the Nebraska way."

I'm Pete Ricketts and I approved this messege. :asshat

:nanalama:nanalama

We will go 9-3 and go to the Big XII Championship game

i wouldn't chalk any of these last 3 games especially the a&m game up as a win.

If we were to fire Cally at the end of this season you can bet your a$$ no coach worth a damn is going to want to come here considering how fast we fire coaches!!!!

i agree. we did it 3 years ago and look what happened.

Actually I think Cally is a better coach then Solich!!!! Also I realize that the next 3 games could be difficult, but I try to look on the positive side of things instead of just dwelling on the negatives!!! :angry:

We will go 9-3 and go to the Big XII Championship game.......everyone needs to calm down!!!! If we were to fire Cally at the end of this season you can bet your a$$ no coach worth a damn is going to want to come here considering how fast we fire coaches!!!! I think he has done a pretty good job he's had some mistakes here and there, so what, what coach hasn't??? We need to all calm down and just let the rest of the season happen!!! :wacko:

:yeah

Mann sick, Octavian hurt very little "real" playing time, Potential All- America Bowman out for year, Dillard being highly counted on, out for year.

GBR!!!