Weight: 189

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Houston, Baylor and Nebraska

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Over 2,000 yards apssing and 20 touchdowns in his junior year.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker:10% Huskers the first to offer

Here's a couple snippets on Luck:

Luck up to three

By Matt Malatesta

10/25/06 link

What gives?

Stratford High School's Andrew Luck is the next big thing in Texas. He will be one of the top quarterbacks in the country in 2008 and he only has three official offers. Has only Houston, Baylor and Nebraska recognized the talented 6-3, 210-pound quarterback who has an NFL pedigree?

"Luck is the real deal," opposing coach Bob Jones of Aldine said. "He's the best player around here, maybe in the state or the nation. He's just that good and I've seen some good ones.

"If he's at Southlake Carroll, he throws for 10,000 yards in three years and rushes for 1,500 yards. He'd be the top quarterback in the country with the exposure he'd get there.

"I'm friends with Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald and told him to offer him right now," he said. "Right now, site unseen."

Kansas State and Oklahoma State are nearing according to Stratford coach Eliot Allen, but where are the nation's BCS teams?

"I'm a little surprised that he doesn't have more offers, but they will come," Allen said.

Luck, who's father Oliver starred at West Virginia before playing for the Houston Oilers, has the size, mechanics, football IQ and leadership qualities to be one of the top quarterbacks in 2008. He has Ivy League grades and a humble, team-first attitude to boot.

The two-year starter leads the city of Houston in passing with over 1,500 yards and is virtually mistake-proof. Stratford is 5-1, 3-0 in district.

10/31/06 chron

He is just 20 yards shy of 2,000 passing yards (1,050 yards more than the next closest district quarterback), he's completed 64.7 percent of his passes (121-for-187) and he has 17 touchdowns to just two interceptions. Last week he was 15-for-21 for 213 yards and a touchdown. He also rushed six times for 58 yards and a touchdown, making that seven he's scored on the ground.

It is nice to see that we are trying to get him early. It would be nice to get this kid from his stats this season. I wander why he is not that noticed yet??? Is his section/conference not as good as the others?

Any relation to Terry Luck?

Former Husker QB in the '70's?

Not sure. Oliver Luck (Andrew's Dad) was from Pepper Pike, Ohio and Terry Luck was from Fayetteville, NC

• 7 months later...

Committed to Stanford: (from SI.com)

Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh reeled in his biggest commitment this week when Texas quarterback Andrew Luck chose the Cardinal over offers from Virginia, Oklahoma State, Purdue and Northwestern. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Luck is a Rivals100 recruit. Luck threw for nearly 3,000 yards as a junior.

Stanford??????????????

:dunno

Jim Harbaugh

Well we weren't getting him anyway, so at least he didn't go to OU or something.

and why not stanford? it's not a bad school as schools go. but there is the party aspect of it.

and he's not a sooner or a whorne. i think i can live with that.