#13 = #1?

cmb23

Us more experienced have to stick together skersfan. I in all honestly don't think TF was as good a qb as Berringer all around. Sure he had the moves and could pass some but didn't have that great touch that Berringer had. Almost any time TF threw a pic he limped off the field holding his leg or arm. TF is definitely top 3 with ZT and SF. Tagge was kinda like TF but much tougher kinda FatherBob QB but not a lot of finesse. no not you BRI :)

GBR

Us more experienced have to stick together skersfan. I in all honestly don't think TF was as good a qb as Berringer all around. Sure he had the moves and could pass some but didn't have that great touch that Berringer had. Almost any time TF threw a pic he limped off the field holding his leg or arm. TF is definitely top 3 with ZT and SF. Tagge was kinda like TF but much tougher kinda FatherBob QB but not a lot of finesse. no not you BRI :)

GBR

I think you're considering the 'what could have been' for Berringer. WHAT IF he had been a 2-3 year starter? WHAT IF he was given a chance/made it to the pros. Based off of what he actually did you can't put Berringer up that high. Believe me...I think he probably could have been a solid backup, maybe given a chance to start in the NFL, but as far as Husker legacy, he is more remembered for being a great person, filling in for a few games, and his tragic death. Again, I agree with everything that he was....but wouldn't have him in my top 10.

okay, let's see:

1. Curt Dukes

2. Harrison Beck

3. Bobby Newcombe

oh sh#t, sorry, wrong poll.....

1. Frazier is the man...... obviously can't coach worth a crap

2. Crouch..... best athlete in the offensive scheme we had

3. Gill.... a legend

4. Tagge....got it all started

5. Frost.... not bad for a traitor....just kidding

I have said this most of last year, that Taylor will be remembered as the guy who helped turn this program back around. I love the guy.... I am a huge ZT fan.....but he is not in the top 5....... His contributions to the program will always be remembered.

But, I also used to be a Mike Grant fan........ @#!% off KC....don't even start with me.

Wow..What's your criteria?

And why can't Steve Taylor be number 1?

I started watching us when Tagge was at the helm..Slower than a Lineman, but somehow great at leading and winning.

Ferragamo would probably be the best in the WCO system followed closey by Baringer and then..maybe Steve Taylor and Zac Taylor.. who for some unknown reason reminds me of Tagge..only a LOT faster.

Humm was the best pure passer, Frazier the best Runner..or maybe Crouch.

Frost was by far, the best whiner, but he looked alot like my Nephew who was playing option QB for his LL team at the time so I really should like him more.

McCathorn Clayton threw the hardest Closeline..(I still have a bump on my sternum..Thanks Mac).

There's so many good or even slightly great QB's in our past, I'm ashamed of myself for forgetting a lot of them.

But if I had to start someone, no mater which system I was in, I'd have to go with Turnear Jeeeeel (Turner Gill..as introduced by the Canadian broadcaster), who threw to my Cousin both at UNL and for Montreal.

Something tells me Keller will be another Ferragamo, but with half the seasons.

taylor is in a whole other class of nebraska quarterbacks...

post-33-1151592234.jpg

... and he won't be remembered by stats: his records will eventually be broken by texas kid that billy c. will recruit.

no, he's gonna be remembered by heart... alot like how brook berringer is remembered.

i wish zac the best in whatever he intends to do with his life after nebraska: he deserves it.

taylor is in a whole other class of nebraska quarterbacks...

post-33-1151592234.jpg

... and he won't be remembered by stats: his records will eventually be broken by texas kid that billy c. will recruit.

no, he's gonna be remembered by heart... alot like how brook berringer is remembered.

i wish zac the best in whatever he intends to do with his life after nebraska: he deserves it.

Comparing ZT to Brook Berringer for their heart is pretty accurate

My top 5:

1) Tommie Frazier - 2 National Championships, need I say more?

2) Eric Crouch - Best athlete to ever lead the NU offense (I might be biased though, we went to the same HS)

3) Turner Gill - Didn't get to see him play, but sounds like he was good

4) Scott Frost - Aside from screwing up our shot at 3 NC's in a row, he was good ;)

5) Brook Berringer - the epitome of NU football, no complaints just hard work

6) Zac Taylor - He made the WCO possible in NU

My top 5:

1) Tommie Frazier - 2 National Championships, need I say more?

2) Eric Crouch - Best athlete to ever lead the NU offense (I might be biased though, we went to the same HS)

3) Turner Gill - Didn't get to see him play, but sounds like he was good

4) Scott Frost - Aside from screwing up our shot at 3 NC's in a row, he was good ;)

5) Brook Berringer - the epitome of NU football, no complaints just hard work

6) Zac Taylor - He made the WCO possible in NU

That's the longest list of 5 I've ever seen :)