Wait... so the officails won the game for us?

The "phantom faskmask" that you speak of was called for grabbing the bottom of the helmet and tugging, which is not permitted. it's still a 15 yard Personal foul

I'm not aware of that rule, can you tell me where in the NCAA rulebook that is?

You can't read it yourself?

I'm not going to waste my time on a rule that may not exist. If I made such a statement, I would back it up with some support.

Even the annoucers said that the refs blew it on that one.

Maybe this will shut you up: Rule 10 under penelty enforcement states continous contact with the opposing helmet is a 15 yard penalty. It took me all of 5 minutes to google up the info to make you look like an :asshat Now move over nancy

The "phantom faskmask" that you speak of was called for grabbing the bottom of the helmet and tugging, which is not permitted. it's still a 15 yard Personal foul

I'm not going to waste my time on a rule that may not exist. If I made such a statement, I would back it up with some support.

Maybe this will shut you up: Rule 10 under penelty enforcement states continous contact with the opposing helmet is a 15 yard penalty. It took me all of 5 minutes to google up the info to make you look like an :asshat Now move over nancy

Maybe you could highlight it for me because in the 2006 NCAA football rulebook: http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2006/200...tball_rules.pdf

I did not see it where you claim it to be.

BTW, you don't have to be a jerk about it. Thanks

Maybe you could highlight it for me because in the 2006 NCAA football rulebook: http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2006/200...tball_rules.pdf

I found in Section 9:

k. No player shall continuously contact an opponent’s helmet (including

the face mask) with hand(s) or arm(s) (Exception: By or against the

runner).

And in the interpretations: "XV. A defensive player, during a live ball, twists, turns or pulls the

face mask or any opening of the opponent’s helmet. RULING:

Personal foul."

I guess it would be open to interpretation of the official as to whether the back of the helmet constitutes an opening. Personally, that is the first time I have seen it called.

I found in Section 9:

runner).

And in the interpretations: "XV. A defensive player, during a live ball, twists, turns or pulls the

Personal foul."

I guess it would be open to interpretation of the official as to whether the back of the helmet constitutes an opening. Personally, that is the first time I have seen it called.

I would call the big OPEN part where you insert your head...an openning, wouldn't you?

It's in the rulebook, it was just shown. Dragging someone down by the helmet is INCREDIBLY dangerous and is considered a personal foul without a doubt. I like how "even the announcers said the refs blew it"...like the announcers ever know anything. :rollin

All you have to do is think about how dangerous dagging someone down by headgear is and you'll see why the rule is there and why it makes sense.

It's in the rulebook, it was just shown. Dragging someone down by the helmet is INCREDIBLY dangerous and is considered a personal foul without a doubt. I like how "even the announcers said the refs blew it"...like the announcers ever know anything. :rollin

All you have to do is think about how dangerous dagging someone down by headgear is and you'll see why the rule is there and why it makes sense.

And it is not a new rule, this guy is just here to stir sh#t.

You can't tackle someone by their head. Throw in that and the fact that the officials are more protective of a QB now than ever any you get that call.

Colorado failed to get points on 1 of the 2 fumbles, then couldn't generate any offense or stop NU's offense to seal the deal. Period. End of story. See you next year.

I found in Section 9:

runner).

Personal foul."

if game is played in manhattan, ks rule is null and void.

you forgot that part thats in the fine print. :blink:

Jesus christ, dude. use the search function and search the PDF

LOSS OF 15 YARDS

Marking ball ..........................................................................................27 1 3 3 28

Numbers changed ...............................................................................27 1 4 2 30

Illegal signal devices [also disqualification] ....................................27 1 4 8 36

Team not ready to play at start of either half ..................................21 3 4 1 70

Simulated substitutions ............................................................... 22, 27 3 5 2 72

Interference with opportunity to catch a kick ..................................33 6 4 1 86

Illegal block by fair-catch signaller ...................................................40 6 5 4 87

Tackling or blocking fair-catcher .......................................................38 6 5 5 87

Offensive pass interference ...............................................................33 7 3 8 97

Defensive pass interference [first down] .........................................33 7 3 8 97

Continuous contact to opponent’s helmet [first down] .................38 9 1 2 107