Guy's, I was in Iraq for a year and let me tell you all about the camel spiders. My first experience was in Kuwait. My platoon was pulling guard duty in the towers at a place called Camp New Jersey. I dont know exactly where it was but I heard it was a couple of miles from the Iraqi border (this was the start of the war). So me and my buddy were sitting in our gaurd tower and I notice something kicking up a dust trail a couple yards out in front of us. It was a damn camel spider! It was so big that it made a dust trail when it ran. It freaked us out because we didn't know anything about camel spiders nor did we know that the existed. The second time we caught one so we could have sort of a **** fight type deal. We would catch scorpions and centipeads and all that kind of stuff. We put them in an empty MRE box and let them go. The camel spider one everytime. They're fast and nimble and needless to say, I always checked my boots before I put them on.

Guy's, I was in Iraq for a year and let me tell you all about the camel spiders. My first experience was in Kuwait. My platoon was pulling guard duty in the towers at a place called Camp New Jersey. I dont know exactly where it was but I heard it was a couple of miles from the Iraqi border (this was the start of the war). So me and my buddy were sitting in our gaurd tower and I notice something kicking up a dust trail a couple yards out in front of us. It was a damn camel spider! It was so big that it made a dust trail when it ran. It freaked us out because we didn't know anything about camel spiders nor did we know that the existed. The second time we caught one so we could have sort of a **** fight type deal. We would catch scorpions and centipeads and all that kind of stuff. We put them in an empty MRE box and let them go. The camel spider one everytime. They're fast and nimble and needless to say, I always checked my boots before I put them on.

Full body shivers!!!!!

they are not poisonus like black widows, brown reclus ect, kid of like a tarantula i am guessing

not really dangerous, but ugly little mothers though

They can leap tall buildings in a single bound, and enjoy A-1 sauce with their victoms

Hey numerouno...You had a chance to have one of those wonderful Pit Viper's slithering around your area yet? Back in Desert Storm, I went to lift a trash can and had one of those lovely things stare me in the eye!

they are not poisonus like black widows, brown reclus ect, kid of like a tarantula i am guessing

They can leap tall buildings in a single bound, and enjoy A-1 sauce with their victoms

Hey numerouno...You had a chance to have one of those wonderful Pit Viper's slithering around your area yet? Back in Desert Storm, I went to lift a trash can and had one of those lovely things stare me in the eye!

Not Yet, We have had the sand vipors around here but not a Pit vipor. It is kind of neat in the mornings when you first get out in the area and the sand has not been disturbed except for the creatures that stalk the night. The camel spider has a distinct track it looks like a zipper. Of course you have the wild dogs and fox, everyone knows what a snake trail looks like. The fox and wild gogs come right up into camp looking for anything to eat, you can see their tracks right up to the door of the tent, or living containers.

Not Yet, We have had the sand vipors around here but not a Pit vipor. It is kind of neat in the mornings when you first get out in the area and the sand has not been disturbed except for the creatures that stalk the night. The camel spider has a distinct track it looks like a zipper. Of course you have the wild dogs and fox, everyone knows what a snake trail looks like. The fox and wild gogs come right up into camp looking for anything to eat, you can see their tracks right up to the door of the tent, or living containers.

That would be kinda cool to see........