Are you satisfied with Callahan?

Wow!!!! Angry much!!!!!! :blink: I agree with most of your points except for the name calling......

Ok...ok

I honestly didn't think t**bag was profanity. I apologize.

In response to your question, no I actually am pretty laid back. I just get so frustrated with people's expectations time-frame wise. I am a freak fan in sickness and in health, and I understand patience is required for quality. I don't want Callahan to coach scared because of it either. We should be talking about contract extensions, not his head on a stick.

Wow!!!! Angry much!!!!!! :blink: I agree with most of your points except for the name calling......

Ok...ok

I honestly didn't think t**bag was profanity. I apologize.

In response to your question, no I actually am pretty laid back. I just get so frustrated with people's expectations time-frame wise. I am a freak fan in sickness and in health, and I understand patience is required for quality. I don't want Callahan to coach scared because of it either. We should be talking about contract extensions, not his head on a stick.

Oh and I agree with you...........I support Cally 100% and I love it when "fans" say that he doesn't know what he's doing and blah blah blah..........I love a coach that is willing to just go for it sometimes. It shows me he has faith in his play calling and his players and I love that. I think he is a hell of a coach and we are lucky to have him here. It could be a lot worse and people tend to forget that........

You know DaveH, you went too far in the editing of my post which is more proof of the coddled and stroked PC world we live in. I didnt come into this forum to rattle off rants and name call, but sometimes people have to feel the wrath of what they are causing. If I laid numerous negative posts out there consisting of a monologue of put-downs and judgements, then by all means ban me. That, however, is not my aim.

But you are the moderator after all, and thank you for the welcome.

Not only did Urban and Charlie come into much better situations that Callahan did, but it's also easier to recruit for Florida and Notre Dame than it is for Nebraska. That being said, who exactly has Notre Dame beat to make Weis so impressive? Ohio State? Michigan? USC? No, no, and more no. I think he has beat one ranked team since becoming head coach, and he has gotten blown out of the water repeatedly by decent teams. If Nebraska had Notre Dame's schedule this year we would be 11-2 also.

I will always believe that had Callahan fit the system around the players he did have when he first arrived in Lincoln that our bowl streak would not have come to an end. Instead Callahan tried to make the players fit his system and it didn't work.

i would agree that is true... but how would the offense ever change and improve in the passing game. what you are talking about is just good for that one year, it does nothing for the future to come and pretty much leaves you in the same place year after year.

A good start would be not to allow JD to throw the ball 50+ times a year (when he is a proven poor passer) and incorporate the running game more. This year when we have a good passer, we try to run the damn ball all the time even when we can't. That is what I don't get, BC seems to do everything bass ackwards. In 2004 we had no throwing talent yet we tossed the pigskin all over. It was kind of the same story last year w/ an inexperienced passer at the helm and an experienced rb. This year w/ an experienced thrower and more talent at receiver, we run the ball. Special teams is another issue. In 2004 they were horrible. BC put special emphasis on improving them for 05 and they were vastly improved. This year, well lets just say they aren't as bad as 04.

Could you post the scores on that great 10-3 season please. Especially the losses at home.

Here is the 2003 season.

No. 22 Oklahoma State W 17-7 1-0 (1-0)

September 6 Utah State W 31-7 2-0 (1-0)

September 13 Penn State W 18-10 3-0 (1-0)

September 25 at Southern Miss W 38-14 4-0 (1-0)

October 4 Troy W 30-0 5-0 (1-0)

October 11 at Missouri L 41-24 5-1 (1-1)

October 18 Texas A&M W 48-12 6-1 (2-1)

October 25 Iowa State W 28-0 7-1 (3-1)

November 1 at No. 5 Texas L 31-7 7-2 (3-2)

November 8 at Kansas W 24-3 8-2 (4-2)

November 15 No. 10 Kansas State L 38-9 8-3 (4-3)

November 28 at Colorado W 31-22 9-3 (5-3)

December 29 vs Michigan State W 17-3 10-3 (5-3)

I don't want to start a flame war, because I do like Callahan. But to anyone who believe it takes 4-5 years to rebuild a program...I have two words...Urban Meyer.

Wait...sorry...two more...Charlie Weis.

Both Wiese and Meyer came in under different circumstances. Their teams already had some passing personel. Not to say they have not done a great job, but BC had much larger obstacles to conquer. Notre Dame and Florida needed a facelift, Callahan had to replace the whole head.

:yeah

If and hopefully when we develop a pattern of sending many players to the NFL and a good share of them have success, then recruiting here could really take off. If we are perceived by high school players nation-wide to having a system that is most like the NFL and giving them the best shot at making the big league, oh man that would be huge. But, of course, we are some years away from that possibly happening.

Here are the Rivals ratings for the classes that would be on "The Legend" Urban Meyer's team.

2002-#20 w/ 9 5 or 4 star guys

2003-#2 w/ 14 5 or 4 star guys

2004-#7 w/ 12 5 or 4 star guys

2005-#15 w/ 8 5 or 4 star guys

Here is Front-butt's team

2002-#24 w/ 12 4 star guys

2003-#12 w/ 8 5 or 4 star guys

2004-#32 w/ 3 4 star guys

2005-#40 w/ 2 4 star guys

Callahan's guys

2002-#40 w/ 6 5 or 4 star kids(1 was Demorrio, 1 was Curt Dukes, 1 Callahan botted off the team Horne)

2003-#42 w/ 4 4 star kids(2 of them left in Schullar and Teamer)

2004-#27 w/ 2 four star kids(Callahan's first "class")

2005-#5 w/13 5 or 4 star kids

What does any of this mean? It means Meyer walked into a crapload of talent while Billy C and Front-butt had to build their's up. Why do you think he passed on his "Dream" job at ND and went to Florida? He would have went to ND and struggled to run his Spread offense with the talent that was there and his "legend" would have taken a hit. This also shows why Front-butt hasn't beaten anyone worth a crap. The only "good" win he has is against Michigan last year. The same team that Callahan beat. So if we didn't play in the Big 12 and could schedule 8 games against teams like Army and Air Force Callahan could have the "smoke and mirror" win total that Front-butt does.

Meyer inherited a team with a lot of talent already running an offense similar to what he had. Completely different situation from what BC came into.

A pro-set passing offense is similar to the spread option? Wow. Never heard that before...

What exactly has Weis done?

He's won most of his games, plain and simple. That's what teams are supposed to do, reguardless of schedule.

Weis hasn't lost 3 in a row to unranked teams.

NU has played patsies, too...but has lost to some of them.

Oh, and he has gone to 2 BCS bowls. I don't care if they are the darlings or not; NU travels well, and used to get better bowls because of that, too.

I remember in the early '90's NU's schedule was considered soft. Didn't stop NU from going to New Year's day bowl games...and I don't remember complaining that NU didn't deserve it...or anyone else for that matter...they won games, period. That's what matters.

Do you really believe NU's schedule was that tough in 2005?

Look, I like Cally and want him to stay as NU's head coach. He's doing some very good things (best thing he could do would be to get rid of Coz).

But, when pushed, I can find facts that support the other side. You simply cannot tell me ND has better talent than does NU. I won't believe you.

Yes, it was a different situation than what Cally had. I'll agree with that.

This is Nebraska. I don't care what the situation is. We have not ever made excuses for our team, but it seems to be the status quo here sometimes.

BC has done as much as he could do with Zac Taylor. Zac Taylor put his heart and soul into this team, and you and I both know he doesn't have the arm strength and accuracy to be a potential 1st rounded in the NFL. but we do have Sam Keller who argueably could've been the best qb in the PAC-10 and a heisman contender. and now he's with us. things are looking good for next year. im excited. anyone else?

Meyer inherited a team with a lot of talent already running an offense similar to what he had. Completely different situation from what BC came into.

A pro-set passing offense is similar to the spread option? Wow. Never heard that before...

What exactly has Weis done?

He's won most of his games, plain and simple. That's what teams are supposed to do, reguardless of schedule.

Weis hasn't lost 3 in a row to unranked teams.

NU has played patsies, too...but has lost to some of them.

Oh, and he has gone to 2 BCS bowls. I don't care if they are the darlings or not; NU travels well, and used to get better bowls because of that, too.

I remember in the early '90's NU's schedule was considered soft. Didn't stop NU from going to New Year's day bowl games...and I don't remember complaining that NU didn't deserve it...or anyone else for that matter...they won games, period. That's what matters.

Do you really believe NU's schedule was that tough in 2005?

Look, I like Cally and want him to stay as NU's head coach. He's doing some very good things (best thing he could do would be to get rid of Coz).

But, when pushed, I can find facts that support the other side. You simply cannot tell me ND has better talent than does NU. I won't believe you.

Yes, it was a different situation than what Cally had. I'll agree with that.

This is Nebraska. I don't care what the situation is. We have not ever made excuses for our team, but it seems to be the status quo here sometimes.

A pro pass set up hs good recievers and athletic linemen. And Florida has made it's living with the defense this season. He hasnt exactly hung points on anyone with a pulse.

getting all your games as more or less nonconference makes things alot easier than being in a conference. Conference opponents get a familiarity with eachother. There is a uge difference between oklahoma state and the service acadamies. OSU sets those level teams up as thier chump games.

ND played all thier tough games at home other than USC, who killed them. At navy, airforce, michigan state, and georgia tech is not exactly intimidating.

NU has better overall talent. Clearly. Put ND in the big 12 and they would be lucky to get over .500. here IS a reason why ND doesnt want to join a confernece, especially not a BCS one.

ND gets to BSC games from being media darlings, having chump scheduals, and having special rules in the BCS for them to get in. We have to either win the confernce, which takes 13 games to NDs 12, or finnish with maybe 1 loss.

Im not talking about excuses. There is a difference between excuses and explinations. We are not back yet. We are closer, but not there yet.

In the last two years

ND wins are against teams with a combined record of 101-124 44.8% WP

NU wins are against teams with a combined record of 95-105 47.5% WP

What does this mean? It means neither team has beat anyone that is a world beater and that is a fact. So couldn't you say that Callahan beats the exact same kind of teams that Front-Butt does?