WR Vondrae Tostensen

Husker14021

Do you know how hard it is to get booted out of Omaha Central? David Horne rubbed his .... ahem.... "privates" on a girl and was allowed to stay there.

I believe you are thinking of Mark LeFlore not Horne. Just thought I'd help get the story straight.

If this kid didn't play well at the 7 on 7 thing then the staff at NU is probably aware of it. If this kid has issues the staff is probably aware of them. If this kid isn't worth taking a chance on the staff is more then likely aware of that as well. If this kid is a freak of nature that needs to grow up.........guess what the staff is probably aware of that to. He won't end up at NU if he is bad news.

:yeah

or the thread can continue with this --> dedhoarse

I think you are right, that was Mark LeFlore. My bad David.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

well im going to squash all the rumors i know vondrea personally he's my girlfriends cousin and im over at his house all the time for familly gatherings and he does want to go to nebraska.......me being from texas i told it was a mistake lol but yeah thats where he wants to go but right now he is going to rehab cause he recently had surgury on his knee so he will miss the rest of this football season but he is working on returning maybe for basketball season put yeah the dude is a monster when i first saw him i thought he was like my age and im 20....

well im going to squash all the rumors i know vondrea personally he's my girlfriends cousin and im over at his house all the time for familly gatherings and he does want to go to nebraska.......me being from texas i told it was a mistake lol but yeah thats where he wants to go but right now he is going to rehab cause he recently had surgury on his knee so he will miss the rest of this football season but he is working on returning maybe for basketball season put yeah the dude is a monster when i first saw him i thought he was like my age and im 20....

Heard this week he is struggling with his grades pretty bad. He may not qualify even if he turns things around.

• 2 weeks later...

father, your little personal vendetta against Vondrae needs to chill. You can call you whatever you want, but the way you constantly harp on this kid makes it seem like you do have a vendetta.

If you want to get into the holier than thou line of thinking, that you never did anything wrong as a kid, that is your own thing. But just freakin' leave this kid alone already. The whole board is aware of your thoughts about Vondrae, as you have made it abundantly clear by now.

If he has mistakes, give the kid a chance to learn and move on. He isn't even out of HS yet, has no criminal record of any sort, but yet you are willing to give him 5-10 in the federal pen.

Geez.

• 2 weeks later...

Your negativity torwards this kid makes me hope that he signs with Nebraska. ;)

That statement is moronic.

:asshat

No, I just hate Husker fans who act "holier than thou''.

If calling someone's character into question and criticizing them makes me "holier than thou" you must hate every single person on this board who ever criticized Callahan, Cozgrove, Pederson, etc....

I have a vested interest in this team. I've been a fan all of my life and I think that gives me the right say I hope we don't sign this kid unless he turns his sh*t around. Holier than thou? Perhaps you just need to be a little more concerned with character of the kids we bring in here instead of just worrying about how many stars they have behind their name and how many touchdowns they might score.