WR Vondrae Tostensen

Husker14021

Against Millard West he had 2 catches both when there was no one with 10 yards of him, about 5 other passes he dropped. Plus when he actually had a catch he threw the ball at the player who tackled him and then said "stay down b$%^h"

not a very good kid, also I don't know where you heard he is getting turned around, but I haven't heard that at all.

How did you hear what he said?? Was he mic'd??

Against Millard West he had 2 catches both when there was no one with 10 yards of him, about 5 other passes he dropped. Plus when he actually had a catch he threw the ball at the player who tackled him and then said "stay down b$%^h"

not a very good kid, also I don't know where you heard he is getting turned around, but I haven't heard that at all.

Even if he did say that, I don't get what the big deal would be. I'd probably laugh and talk some crap back to someone who did that. It's football. They are not running through a field of dandelions to the tune from Sound of Music.

Even if he did say that, I don't get what the big deal would be. I'd probably laugh and talk some crap back to someone who did that. It's football. They are not running through a field of dandelions to the tune from Sound of Music.

+1.

You are naive if you think that sh*t talking like this is not commonplace, no matter who the player is.

no but it was my friend who he said it to, so I think he heard it.

and yes I know there is trash talking but, usually they can back it up, but Vondrae had one catch at that point while his team was losing.

• 1 month later...

With Vondrae's past and academic issues I think he's too big of risk. Personally after watching him play this year not so impressed. Still favors the bad wheel, lazy on routes and when away from the ball, and very sketchy run blocker. Give me other kids on the board and let him walk on if he wants to be a Husker so bad. Seriously give me the Coleman kid from Beatrice or the Koosmos(spelling?) kid from Pierce over Vondrae at this point. Check out Beatrice and Pierce in the finals this week you'll see why.

With Vondrae's past and academic issues I think he's too big of risk. Personally after watching him play this year not so impressed. Still favors the bad wheel, lazy on routes and when away from the ball, and very sketchy run blocker. Give me other kids on the board and let him walk on if he wants to be a Husker so bad. Seriously give me the Coleman kid from Beatrice or the Koosmos(spelling?) kid from Pierce over Vondrae at this point. Check out Beatrice and Pierce in the finals this week you'll see why.

Having watched him play 6 times this year I can honestly say he doesn't have D1 ability. At least not now. He is still favoring his knee that he hurt last year and he needs to work on his hands, he's dropped a lot of passes. That being said, he's done much better in the last third of the season and his game does appear to have picked up. If NU did allow him to walk on perhaps they could work with him physically and allow him to fill his potential. I think that wherever he plays at the next level, that team would be well served to put him at TE, I just don't see the speed for WR.

Having watched him play 6 times this year I can honestly say he doesn't have D1 ability. At least not now. He is still favoring his knee that he hurt last year and he needs to work on his hands, he's dropped a lot of passes. That being said, he's done much better in the last third of the season and his game does appear to have picked up. If NU did allow him to walk on perhaps they could work with him physically and allow him to fill his potential. I think that wherever he plays at the next level, that team would be well served to put him at TE, I just don't see the speed for WR.

It's sad to see someone with so much potential as a soph, with big schools (Neb, Florida) recruiting him, to this as a senior. Does anyone have a highlight clip of this kid?

I was at the Class A game last night...and lets just say I wasn't impressed. Just a WR bigger than everybody, who has TE written all over him.

If we get him to walk on I'd be all for it, however any scholarship offers he will get are tiny D-1 schools, or better d-2 ones.

he did better than the first time against West, I just really hate to see that much of a waste of talent.

I have only watched him play 2 times, but personally, I wasn't that impressed. Those of you who watch him all year, know a lot more than I. I coach/teach with another college fb coach, who coaches at a very low division within the state of Nebraska, and he even mentioned that he wasn't sure if Vondrae would make it "there". Since the school this guy coaches at is very "small", and he doesn't think highly of him, it throws a big red flag to me...

but, we are all entitled to our opinion. Who knows, he may go somewhere, develop, utilize his potential and play on Sundays. Then some will regret not going after him.

• 2 months later...