WR Vondrae Tostensen

Husker14021

I wish we would go ahead and offer him. I have a good feeling about this kid.

Agreed. It really would be a shame if he went somewhere else.

You're gonna be sad to lose him to Butler, Coffeyville or some other JUCO?

Kid has incredible talent, but he absolutely has to hit the books.

With Kildow tearing his ACL he is set up to potentially have a very big year. BW is spot on with the academics. If he can turn that around and qualify he may well find himself a coveted recruit.

With Kildow tearing his ACL he is set up to potentially have a very big year. BW is spot on with the academics. If he can turn that around and qualify he may well find himself a coveted recruit.

If his academics were in better shape I bet he would be one of the top players in the state.

If his academics were in better shape I bet he would be one of the top players in the state.

he did make Scout.com's Top 10 in the state, and was actually #4 or #5 if i remember right. with his athletic ability, he could become a 4* if his grades were not an issue.

he has alot of work to do in the classroom in order to play at the D1 level. im afraid that if he doesnt get his grades straight, he would not qualify even after going to a JUCO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He's starting to fill out like a tight end prospect, but it really won't matter. This kid's academics are a joke with all the transferring and what nots. He won't qualify. Too bad

IF he qualifies he will be a TE prospect. He might not be bad at that position but he's wayyyy too slow to play WR anywhere but in high school.

He's starting to fill out like a tight end prospect, but it really won't matter. This kid's academics are a joke with all the transferring and what nots. He won't qualify. Too bad

Not entirely true. The transfers did not hurt his academics as much as laziness did. IIRC, he is living with his grandfather now and his grandfather is one of those 'take no BS' kinda guys. Vondrae has actually turned it around and does have a shot to qualify.

As far as the speed -- I think I remember hearing he has a slight ankle problem. Could be wrong on that though.

Not entirely true. The transfers did not hurt his academics as much as laziness did. IIRC, he is living with his grandfather now and his grandfather is one of those 'take no BS' kinda guys. Vondrae has actually turned it around and does have a shot to qualify.

As far as the speed -- I think I remember hearing he has a slight ankle problem. Could be wrong on that though.

I watched him last night and I didn't see him limp. He may favor it a bit but if he has an ankle issue that's forcing him to baby it a bit and be affraid to really turn it loose I could buy that.

Against Millard West he had 2 catches both when there was no one with 10 yards of him, about 5 other passes he dropped. Plus when he actually had a catch he threw the ball at the player who tackled him and then said "stay down b$%^h"

not a very good kid, also I don't know where you heard he is getting turned around, but I haven't heard that at all.

Against Millard West he had 2 catches both when there was no one with 10 yards of him, about 5 other passes he dropped. Plus when he actually had a catch he threw the ball at the player who tackled him and then said "stay down b$%^h"

not a very good kid, also I don't know where you heard he is getting turned around, but I haven't heard that at all.

Asked a couple people and he is turning it around, definitely. His grandfather is basically a harda** on him. From what was said, he barely lets him go out even on weekends.