FIRE CALLAHAN!

I for one dont want to fire callahan and think we need to wait and see what happens next year, but I saw this quote on OWH and couldnt believe it

Callahan reiterated Monday that Nebraska is closing the gap. He also said, "We weren't ready to be a Top 10 team just yet," which drew disagreement from Bradley.

Now WHY in the &*%$ would you say something like that. Its bad enough that your team just lost its bowl game because if your play calling, but then you say some STUPID SH*T like this. Great way to motivate coach!

Worst play calling I have ever seen! Get rid of the bum , and i'm serious! Total idiot! There is no excuse for it!

wE DESERVE BETTER. 5 KICKERS ON THE ROSTER AND NONE CAN KICK OVER 40 YARDS WITH WIND AT OUR BACK?

OMG!!!!

We have two place kickers, not 5 Captain Caps Lock.

Look at todays Omaha World Heralds roster, shows 5 listed as K, or does that stand for Krappy?

If you can't afford the paper send your fax number and I send it to ya

K != PK and P

A kicker isn't a kicker isn't a kicker. You really think Titchner or Such would really be able to kick a 40+ FG? Maybe on Friday Night Lights, but not in real life where we all live.

*waits for "well, he couldn't do worse!!"* :lame

Oh and check out this button --> p_edit.gif It's pretty sweet.

I thought it was a dynamite call. It worked!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone seen the reply....IT WORKED. THE PLAYER FUMBLED IT though KEY WORD=====PLAYER......Were complaining about a play that worked?!?!?

Agreed, I think he could have got a the one or two yards necessary if he gets the pitch. I think he saw too much green in front of him. Wasn't that shanle? You'd think we'd have someone else in there, like a receiver.

I said the same thing right after tha game and someone said I was ann idiot for supporting the call. Here is something no one seems to get: we are ranked 22 and we really have nothing to lose. Did the loss today really hurt anything other than some of your prides? I think we still have a great recruiting class and a lot of things to look forward to next year. Whats wrong with a really risky call in a meaningless game (and yes, this game is meaningless to all but husker and auburn fans)?

The fire Callahan stuff makes this look as smart as the CU posting boards.

Will you be saying the same thing in 4 years when he is going for it on 4th and 11 to go from the 35?

Hopefully we'll have a real kicker!

I do agree that the play calling at the end of the game was disappointing. Some people seem to be forgetting that the failed shovel pass was good for a first down on thrid and almost 20 earlier in the game.

Your right! lets fire him. We can start our program over every three years! Will you be saying the same thing every 3 years when we are 5-6 with a new coach?

Worst play calling I have ever seen! Get rid of the bum , and i'm serious! Total idiot! There is no excuse for it!

wE DESERVE BETTER. 5 KICKERS ON THE ROSTER AND NONE CAN KICK OVER 40 YARDS WITH WIND AT OUR BACK?

OMG!!!!

Look at todays Omaha World Heralds roster, shows 5 listed as K, or does that stand for Krappy?

K != PK and P

A kicker isn't a kicker isn't a kicker. You really think Titchner or Such would really be able to kick a 40+ FG? Maybe on Friday Night Lights, but not in real life where we all live.

Actually, kickers (P and PK) are really interchangable. In the NFL there are P that handle kickoff duties while the PK kicks the field goals. Then there are situations where you have a short to med. range PK and someone else who handles the long kicks. As seen today our PK acutally performed a P.

Actually, kickers (P and PK) are really interchangable. In the NFL there are P that handle kickoff duties while the PK kicks the field goals. Then there are situations where you have a short to med. range PK and someone else who handles the long kicks. As seen today our PK acutally performed a P.

Yes, kickers are interchangeable in that they all have legs and can move them forward to propel the ball in the right direction.

However, you can't tell me that any other kickers but our place kickers practice kicking field goals and that you'd put a kicker in with the game on the line that might not have kicked a field goal since high school?

OMG!!!!

K != PK and P

First off this isn't the NFL. And the wind wasn't at our back... listen to the post game and the kick was into the wind. And I forgot that the Omaha World Herald is the Bible of Husker Football. Just because the Omaha World Herald says someone is a PK... doesn't mean that they can knock down a 49 yard field goal.

Most of you just want to think about the National Titles, but you all should remember that both Bob and Tom were on the hot seat. Hell... Osborne almost left and went to Colorado. You people do realize that Bill's first real recruiting class is only going to be juniors next year right??? Was the fake punt a bad call, now that is didn't work yes, if it works everyone thinks it's an awesome call. Sometimes I do think we out think ourselves but how can anyone not say that we have improved since Callahan got here? And to the guy earlier that said we have become one dimensional???? ARE YOU SERIOUS, we average 175 on the ground and 253 through the air.... check your stats before your run your mouth! The option worked great, but please tell me what our old offense was?

Wow, we have gone from firing Coz to Callahan in less then a month. Were are all of the "Fire Coz" people?

i will tell you where they are. they are keeping quiet because the Blackshirts played a great game, and they are on the "Fire Callahan" bandwagon because of a few bad coaching decisions.

it will all work out in the end

how many years it took Osborne to win a National championship, and you wanna fire callahan becuase of one game in his 3rd season???

nah, im a fan of him, hes got us going in the right direction.......

still can't figure out that fake punt tho

Tom Osborne never lost more than 3 games in a season. BC has lost 6, 4, and 5 in his only three seasons. that's an average of five losses a year. TO won 9 or more games every year for 25 straight years. BC only won 9 this year because of Troy and L-Tech. I'm not calling for his head...I just don't like the comparison to TO. There is no comparison. You may be able to find some other coach that started slow during rebuilding and eventually turned things around, and compare BC to him. BUT YOU SHOULD NEVER MENTION that guy in the same breath as Coach Osborne.

Wow, we have gone from firing Coz to Callahan in less then a month. Were are all of the "Fire Coz" people?

i will tell you where they are. they are keeping quiet because the Blackshirts played a great game, and they are on the "Fire Callahan" bandwagon because of a few bad coaching decisions.

it will all work out in the end

I am right here. And I will admit that today the defense played well most of the game. I still don't think Cosgrove is a good defensive coordinator, and I still think he should be fired. One good game on defense does not wipe out the memory of the meltdowns he has been responsible for over the past three years. Yeah, Auburn didn't score a lot of points on our defense. And we all know what a high powered, potent offense they usually have. I stand by my position that Cosgrove should go.

I have been very patient with BC because the offense he is trying to run depends on certain types of players. I don't think the O-line is where it should be yet, and as much as I like ZT (and I know he was the Big XII offensive player of the year), I don't think he is the perfect QB to run BC's offense. But on the other side of the ball Cosgrove has some of the most talented players in football and sometimes has them looking like high schooll kids. He has no clue and should go...still!

T. O. played mostly in the Big VIII or the Big II and little 6. And back in the day they did play cupcake teams also. How many Big VIII teams were we 20-0 against for all those years. How tough could those teams really be? Apples and Oranges people.

GBR

I thought it was a dynamite call. It worked!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone seen the reply....IT WORKED. THE PLAYER FUMBLED IT though KEY WORD=====PLAYER......Were complaining about a play that worked?!?!?

It worked?? How did it work? Auburn recovered the ball and scored as a result. How in the heck is that a "play that worked"?? Isn't part of a play that "works" a successful handoff, successful blocking, and a first down? What definition of "worked" are we using here?

You don't make that call because of the risk involved. So what if there was green in front of Shanle? If that play doesn't work, you give Auburn a HUGE break. At that point in the game, there was no point whatsoever to taking such a risk. The reward would not have outweighed the risk.

It's just bad football, and everyone here knows it.

wow... that's just... wow.

so to make up for this horrible season, coach callahan will have to...

1. win a minimum of 10 games.
  2. win the north.
  3. win the big twelve.
  4. compete in a BCS bowl. (bonus if it's for NC)

Yes. From what I understand that's what he was brought here to do. Remember Smilin' Steve's "gravitate to mediocrity" speech? I thought Solich winning 9 games a year wasn't good enough for us. Now it all of a sudden it is?

How any of you can make excuses for Callahan is beyond me. Some of you are actually saying that we "hung in there" with a better team. Are you people f**king serious?!?! I realize Callahan isnt getting fired , nor do I really want him to , but in the heat of the moment , I sure wanted him to be. It was just sad all the way around. He better figure it out pretty soon. I also am, in a way, glad Taylor is out of here. My one legged grandmother could scramble in the pocket better than he can. You can call me names or question my loyalty all you want , but anyone that is pleased with this seasons performance needs their head examined.