Taylor and the Cotton Bowl

Bottom Line: if NU had a better qb we would have won the Big12 title, beaten Texas and won the Feista Bowl....also finish in the top 10

Would a 'better' QB make a difference? Sure, but that is college football. You play/win with what you have. You can't speculate, and definitely can't make assumpitons, such as these.

Zac Taylor did not lose that game against Texas.

Big XII title game was a lot on coaching (as has been talked about at nauseum by fans - and admitted by Callahan). I think Grixby doing 360's in coverage had a lot to do with that.

You honestly think with a better QB we would have beaten Boise St. last night? That offense would have shredded our defense as it lines up on the field on the roster right now. A better QB would not have stopped the Bronco offense.

I think that is the point of the post, or maybe i am just missing it. Next year with keller or maybe lee at quarterback we will have the talent, arm strength, experience, feet, and pocket presence all in keller. that is what i am hearing anyway. as for the defense, i most certainly think next years team could line up with boise st. or any other team in the nation. our offense will be spectacular and our defense will have a whole new look and mentality. i truly think they will come out next year with the swagger of the teams in the mid 90s.

Very good post. If you are a husker fan then you have to love Taylor for what he has done for our program. There can be no fault or blame put on him. He led us to where we are today, which in my opinion, is on the verge of being at the forefront of the national stage.

However, for all the things he has done for our program he was not going to lead us over the hump, so to speak. Great teams have QB's that can win games whereas Taylor was asked not to lose them. the Rose Bowl was a great example. Usc couldnt run so they told Booty to go win the game and he did. Taylor simply was not talented enough to win us games by carrying the team.

Next year, barring injuries, our Defense will be 100% better and our offense twice as explosive.

Look at the games we lost and or struggled in this year. we could run early and then each team said OK no more running if you want to move the ball its going to have to be Taylor. I dont think there was any coincidence with our struggles in the second halves of games. It was because teams decided to make Taylor beat them with his arm which he could not do.

That being said Thank You Mr. Taylor for all you have done

Taylor is not bad. Wasn't he voted Big 12 player of the year? Could be worse. You could have our zombie QB Brandon Cox. I love the guy, he has heart. But darnit he can't move or buy himself time to find open receivers nor is he a leader. He's just quiet. No emotion. To be a champion, you have to play with passion and emotion. YOu have to want it. If your teamates see that, they'll want it too.

WARRRRR EAGLE!!!!!

Taylor did a good job for us as a transistion QB. But to take us back to the glory days, we need better. He has been a good leader, but for whatever reason, there are times when he just cant get it together. Too many balls thrown too high is a flaw. But the thing that bugs me, is I cant remember a passing play where Taylor hits a WR with an over the shoulder drop, and I dont see him lead the receiver much. Most of the time the recievers are stationary when they catch the ball.

I appluad Taylor for being the transistion guy. And I look forward to the future with QBs that have the total package.

What we need is a mobile QB that can throw too....oh god that would be great

That's what a lot of teams want as well. I love Taylor and appreciate what he has done for the program, but dammit if his last two games made me lose a lot of confidence in him. I was really hoping he would finish strong and show the NFL and the nation something. :bang

If Taylor was just a LITTLe more mobile things would be way different. Teams like OU figured out that when you blitz him with speed defenders, he is dead meat. If there is even a hint that he would take off and burn them for blitzing their ass off, it would change the other teams whole defensive gameplan.

Zack Taylor helped Nebraska get back to being respectable

He helped us bridge the talent gap at QB when Solich was fired and he should always be remembered as a Husker.

I am ready for more consistant play at QB, we need a QB qho can create more matchups for opposing defenses

Taylor never really beat a good team and that has brought us to where we are today....A team with great talent that can't get anything done offensivly agin good defenses

Callahan has made more boneheaded moves since he has been at NU than solich ever did, but he can recruit and that means he stays and we just hope for the best when he and his staff take the field.

Bottom Line: if NU had a better qb we would have won the Big12 title, beaten Texas and won the Feista Bowl....also finish in the top 10

Top ten is where we will be with Lee or Keller.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap EXACTLY! :thumbs

Thanx Zack, but turn out the lights when you leave