Cotton Bowl HOLY COW

MrAubie

War Eagle !!!! Not pretty but we'll take the win. Glad for no major injuries.

Guys, I'm normally one to NEVER complain about any game situations, but I swear, if not for your BIG 10 refs the game would not have even been close. Your OL was blatantly holding on EVERY play. I'm talking about hooking and jersey pulling with the refs looking right at it. But the classic was when we had #44 Tate in on an off tackle run, and our right tackle Palmer absolutely pancakes your #2 defender, and we get called for holding. Absolutely unbelievable.

I saw a post by a Husker fan complaining that you guys made no adjustments in the 2nd half. I have to call BS on that. Our D totally shut you down in the 2nd half. But we've done that all year.

Here's to hoping we meet again soon on an even bigger stage.

Happy New Year to everyone. :clap

Guys, I'm normally one to NEVER complain about any game situations, but I swear, if not for your BIG 10 refs the game would not have even been close. Your OL was blatantly holding on EVERY play. I'm talking about hooking and jersey pulling with the refs looking right at it. But the classic was when we had #44 Tate in on an off tackle run, and our right tackle Palmer absolutely pancakes your #2 defender, and we get called for holding. Absolutely unbelievable.

I saw a post by a Husker fan complaining that you guys made no adjustments in the 2nd half. I have to call BS on that. Our D totally shut you down in the 2nd half. But we've done that all year.

If you saw adjustments that NU made, please point them out to me.

lmaoooooooooooo Mr Aubie brother. I'm glad we won, but not sold on all your comments. I don't think our offense would have scored enough to blow out Nebraska. Our offense stunk and Brandon Cox should be playing golf instead of football. Our defense won that game period. lol

Yeah...we would have been blown out. As you could see, Auburn proved to be a Offensive juggernaut with it's brusing 9 and 14 yard touchdown drives...now tell me how our offensive line has anything to do with that?

lmaoooooooooooo Mr Aubie brother. I'm glad we won, but not sold on all your comments. I don't think our offense would have scored enough to blow out Nebraska. Our offense stunk and Brandon Cox should be playing golf instead of football. Our defense won that game period. lol
haha. Golf instead of football.. :)

Do you even know what a pancake block is?? It is sure as hell not grabbing a little DB by his shoulder pads and throwing him down from the side. There is holding on every single play....I am sure if I were to actually sit and watch the game over again, I could come up with some holding calls on your team. How about the blown "pass interference" call.

Anyways, I am not one to blame refs for keeping a game "close". Also, please tell me the adjustments that we made....BC was still calling the same plays he was in the first half...case and point...the 3rd down shovel pass!

Without those 2 stupid turnovers in the first half, we should/could have been up at least 21, maybe 28 to nothing at half. Game's over, good battle. Congrats to Auburn, but we had this one in the bag.

Yes, very true. But even WITH those mistakes NU still could have won that game.

I think most logical Auburn fans know we got lucky with the win. Yes great to win it. And yes we did not show up on offense. We couldn't blow out Arkansas St, Ole MIss or Tulane either. Our offense has been bad for most of the season. Our defense has kepted us in our games. Especially in this one. Stat wise I think Nebraska pretty much won that part of it.