Punt Fake...

the fake punt was a bad call because it didnt work. at the time of the call and the fumbled pitch i was a mad as anyone else out there, but i will get over that one.

one play that i still have a hard time understanding is the 4th and 11 call for a pass. unless he knows something that the rest of us dont know about Congdon why not try the field goal. 47 yarder, same distance that he kicked against kSUCks to win the game last year.

No he kicked a 40 yarder to beat K-State... You guys really think Congdon would have made a 47 yard FG against the wind more times than Taylor hooking up with a WR for 12 yards? If your going to question anything maybe question the play and having someone like Hardy even in the game, but passing was the right thing to do.

He is blamed because he is the head coach, it is his repsonsibility, he calls the plays, it led to the 7 points that lost the game, and oh yeah, it was a F-ING STOOOOPID CALL!!!!!!!!!

ok then. What would you be saying if the play went off without a hitch?.............................that's what i thought.

It would have been just as dumb of a call. That's bad football to call a fake punt in that spot, and you know it.

He is blamed because he is the head coach, it is his repsonsibility, he calls the plays, it led to the 7 points that lost the game, and oh yeah, it was a F-ING STOOOOPID CALL!!!!!!!!!

ok then. What would you be saying if the play went off without a hitch?.............................that's what i thought.

That it is still a stupid call and he got lucky it worked. Any play can theoretically work at any time. A good coach knows when to take risks and when to limit them.

The converse is also true. When they are executed, they're "gutsy calls". When they don't, they are "moronic calls". Or so fans think...

I don't think there was anyway Jordan would have made a 46 yard field goal into the wind on that 4th down to be honest. Obviously Callahan and company didn't think so either or they would have let him kick it.

The punt reverse call was a controversial call, but if it works we aren't having this conversation and we are celebrating a Cotton Bowl victory. It hit Shanle right in the damn hands and he dropped it..........however I don't know if you call that play on the 20 yard line??? Maybe if your at the 50 I would do it, but not back there. I'm not saying that I'm pissed off at Callahan or Norvell for coming to agreement on that call I'm just saying it's a confusing call at that point in the game, but maybe that's why he called that there??? We weren't expecting it so maybe Auburn wasn't :dunno

It was dumb It was retarded It was pretty much the stupidest thing you could ever do in that situation and IT COST NEBRASKA THE GAME

But it was against one of the nations best and you should just be happy that we were blessed enough to be on the same field as Auburn. And dont say anything negative about the Huskers or we will all know that you arent a true fan. :sarcasm This was a pathetic bowl game and a pathetic season for the most part. If you couldnt see that then I dont know what to tell you. Sure , there has been progress , but we lost games we should have won and had some close calls where we should had been in the drivers seat. Lets all pretend things went well and call them moral victories. Afterall , we did beat a 2-10 colorado team convincingly.

It would have been just as dumb of a call. That's bad football to call a fake punt in that spot, and you know it.

The USC fake was similar. We wouldn't exactly be in a good position if it hadn't worked...

The USC fake was similar. We wouldn't exactly be in a good position if it hadn't worked...

No, in the USC game were close to midfield.

I would have said, "wow, we're really lucky that one worked......not a very smart call." and no, i'm not on the "fire callahan" bandwagon. i like him, but that was a really bad call.

Yah the fake punt call didnt work. But the Huskers werent exactly spinning their wheels trying to climb their way back into the game after that. We were tied before halftime. And we had plenty of opportunities to take over the game in the second half. That play didnt break their backs.

Cally has been calling trick plays all season long. Maybe a lack of trust in the offense? Or maybe to create a spark under them. I havent figured that one out yet. Regardless, the fake punt was no biggie to me.