Ridiculously Early 2007 Prediction Thread

Cotton Bowl who?

Time has come, I think, to take an early stab at the fall.

Sept. 1: Nevada W 35-14

Sept. 8: @ Wake Forest W 25-21

Sept. 15: USC L 21-20 . . . that D looked pretty good against Michigan

Sept. 22: Ball State W 62-10 . . . we were pissed

Sept. 29: Iowa State W 29-7

Oct. 6: @ Missouri W 27-3

Oct. 13: Oklahoma State W 35-31

Oct. 20: Texas A&M W 37-18

Oct. 27: @ Texas W 20-14

Nov. 3: @ Kansas W 30-0

Nov. 10: Kansas State W 41-14

Nov. 23: @ Colorado W 36-17

Yeah, I'm calling an 11-1 regular season . . . so let's hear some predictions!

I actually think that is very close and while i tend to think that we will win every game every year, I am also pretty realistic. I think that if we go 11-1 the one loss wont be to USC. It is in Lincoln and they do lose quite a bit of people, but when you have All-Americans (high school) backing up all-americans i dont know how big the drop off at any position will be. We havent won at texas since i can remember. The Wake Forest game will be a tough one, they looked damn good tonight. Texas A&M game will also be a tough one with pretty much all their skill players coming back. However I think they have the potential to win every game, its just a matter of getting the job done.

I say we go 10-2 with a loss to USC and a surprise loss in there somewhere that I can't predict. Having said that though we can beat USC if we get out of our own way!!! I say we go the the Big XII Championship against Texas and beat Texas twice next season. Then we are on our way to the Fiesta Bowl or maybe something even bigger.............

I think we beat USC but stumble someplace else... I think we can handle USC at home and the players will be amped for that game....I think 10-2 or 11-1 is attainable and something the fans should expect going into Cally's 5th season with all the talent in the world. All the old option players should be gone now and these are truly this systems players. I have supported Cally even through the terrible USC game and after this bowl loss but anything more than the Big 12 title and a BCS bowl is unacceptable now.

GO HUSKERS!!!

I will miss you Zac!!!!

GO KELLER!!!

Cotton Bowl who?

Time has come, I think, to take an early stab at the fall.

Yeah, I'm calling an 11-1 regular season . . . so let's hear some predictions!

OK

Nevada is a no doubter

Wake will be close for a while, but they lack the size and depth to stop our running game....I expect it to be 28 to 17....with the deacons scoring one late to make it look closer....simply put, Wake is the best of a really bad league....horrible league....they lose alot of their two deep and too a school who is always way down the talent list that hurts......they will have enuff talent to look god early but they will wear down.

USC will be the favorite and I'm not calling for a win....hoping

Ball St. is a W

Iowas State will be the first really big blowout in BC's carreer at NU.....67 to 10

Ole Mizzou...It has been a house of horrors for the Huskers the past decade with the road games in Columbia....this year is different for a few reasons....One...no real running threat from their QB makes the spread easy to stuff.....like we did this year....No big time runningback to take the heat off Daniel.....I expect this game to get outta hand because I think Keller can make the average at best MU defense look bad and keep their offense off the field...you stop their spread and run the ball and their defense will gas out by the mid 3rd quarter Huskers win this 31 - 13

OSU is nasty and I mean Nasty.....I like Keller and Co. to keep the offense from goin into the deep freeze...games in Lincoln and the Huskers defense will be faster than it was last year with clear upgrades at safety and corner......Huskers win a great game 35 -24

aTm....This one is easy...Huskers roll Aggies and this never looks close..no 2nd half free fall Huskers roll 42 to 21

UT.......The Horns must replace the entire O-line and I guessing that won't be easy...they lack a breakaway running back and the defense was only average this year...Huskers get a big win here and it is goin to be Old School with Glenn.....Jackson...and Kenny Wilson pounding away .....Huskers 24 UT 10

KU ....HMMMMMMM.......Huskers are clearly better at every position this year and that means bad things are goin to happen to KU....No weak secondary to plague the Huskers and too much depth at LB makes this one a blowout.......Huskers 54 KU 7

KSU Freeman bowl 2...after what I saw agin Rutgers...I willing to throwout the Texas win and call this team bad.......They lose the heart of there better recruiting classes and they have not brought in any blue chipper for awhile.....they are a game team for awhile but the Huskers talent is just too much..in Lincoln this one gets outta hand and BC leans on KSU to make the Boosters happy....60 to 10

CU return to the home of the riots.....I actually like what I saw from CU late last season and I think they will be the 2nd best team in the North....however....Keller/Lee and the rest of the upgraded offense will be way to much for a very young CU team .......I don't think this will be a huge blowout but a repeat of this year

Huskers win 34 to 20

Now I have laid this out ....I have also backed it up with facts...and to make myself clear I will pointed out why we can go 11-1

I expect OU to win the South and meet the Huskers in a rematch....I would have to take the Huskers because of what I saw in the 2006 CCG....Huskers only lack a big game QB...Lee or Keller can fill the bill

If you think that we go 8-4....you just don't understand where the Huskers are talent wise when compared to the rest of the big12....Next year is a very experienced team that will be looking to take another step up

I can't tell you how many Husker fans have been poor mouthing this team all year because of BC and the percieved weakness of the program....after the OU and AU games it is clear we have the talent to compete...We just need a better QB.........I think BC will pull back a bit and Let the game come to him...he fianally has restocked the talent at Nebraska and the next few drafts will begin to show it

11-1 is more than Likely....Injuries mean 10-2...and that aint bad

Husker fans have been pointing to 07 as our year for along time and I can't be more confident than I am now......instead of Beck we have Keller or Lee.....so here we go

Not sure that we will pull out road games at Texas or MizzU. Nevada is a good team to play to prep for Wake Forest. We will play three straight bowl teams before Ball State....and, I agree, we'll be pretty darn happy to play 'em. OSU and Texas A & M have solid teams. All in all, good prediction....but, though i'd like us to finish 11-1, with that schedule, we should be happy with 9-3 plus a bowl game win.

Not sure that we will pull out road games at Texas or MizzU. Nevada is a good team to play to prep for Wake Forest. We will play three straight bowl teams before Ball State....and, I agree, we'll be pretty darn happy to play 'em. OSU and Texas A & M have solid teams. All in all, good prediction....but, though i'd like us to finish 11-1, with that schedule, we should be happy with 9-3 plus a bowl game win.

I can concede a loss at UT...but there is no way that we lose to Missouri......if it's 9-3 then BC will be fired...no doubt....he has to win 10 and the north to keep his job.,,,,I don't want to sound negative about BC, but the fact is that this team would take a HUGE! ! step back with a loss to MU....and A&M has never been better than we are...so you can rest easy on that one as well....nope it's 10 wins or BC is OUT

I literally laughed out loud when I read how Bill Callahan will be out if he doesnt have 10 wins. I hope that was a joke!!! With maybe the toughest schedule in the nation I doubt he will be fired if we win 9 games. Solich was fired for it because he had NO talent coming in and NO sign of getting it. Callahan is stockpiling his teams and anyone can see that.

I literally laughed out loud when I read how Bill Callahan will be out if he doesnt have 10 wins. I hope that was a joke!!! With maybe the toughest schedule in the nation I doubt he will be fired if we win 9 games. Solich was fired for it because he had NO talent coming in and NO sign of getting it. Callahan is stockpiling his teams and anyone can see that.

So as long as you can recruit you don't have to win???

Don't think BC will get fired if he doesn't win 10, but at some point he needs to put his money where his mouth his, all of his excuses won't be very valid after 5 years or so with his staff and his players.

He was very adamant that you couldn't doing anything with the players he had when he came here so it's time for BC to buck up and quit blaming everyone else for his and his staffs inablility to coach.