Positivisms from the 2006-2007 season

A few more positivies,

We started putting the ball in the end zone on our first drive of the game as opposed to just field goals or punts last year.

Our running game developed quite nicely, with Jackson and Lucky get majority of the snaps at the end of the year, but both Wilson and Gleen proved that they can handle the load when healthy and given the opportunity.

Recievers stepped up and made some big plays. They were also inconsitant at times, but made up for it in big ways with huge plays against Kansas (Hardy), and aTm (Purify).

Tight ends figured how to line up properly and not jump before the snaps as they were so accustomed to in the 05 season. They also played a big part in the red zone offense.

O-line continued to improve and we developed some depth as well. They should only get better with experience at all five positions as well as some other young players that will push for playing time next year.

The D-line seemed to get more pressure on the opposing quarterbacks as the year went along. Carriker had a pretty decent year even though he saw consistant double teams. Suh started to stand out in conference games and should be a big contributors next year as well.

The linebackers were hit hard by injuries all year but Bradley had a strong year even though he didn't seem to make many big plays. McKeon just went about his business as well as Brandenburgh. Octo finally was getting healthy at the end of they year but showed some great promise in the few games that he was healthy and in shape to play. The return of Dillard as well as bringing in Lewis should help this squad next year.

Our punter did a great job winning the field position battle in most games as he continued to pin the opposing team inside their 20 yard line with his kicks.

I've watched Nebraska over the years. What I miss seeing is the constant pounding you guys use to put on the defenses and wearing them down. Nebraska was always feared by their huge physical offensive lineman that could move the line of scrimmage like nothing. I saw shades of that against us. You run right at us and pick up 5-7 yards a carry. In the south we thought maybe if we ate a lot of corn on the cobb, we'd grow up and be huge like them Nebraska players. I ate a lot of corn and it didn't work for me. lol

What I don't understand these days, is when you know you have a team on their backs and they are tired, why let up and throw passes? Go for the knockout. Pound that defense. Sure you have to pass to keep a defense honest. But lord I think if you guys kepted coming at us with the running game, you'd done to us what Arkansas did to us. They ran through us. Not around us.

Take advantage of your big lineman and run the ball and beat the defenses up. Throw a long ball to keep the DB's back off the line of scrimmage and an occasional pass of some other sort. When you are running well, you are controlling the game. :) Just my two cents. Go gettem Huskers!!

I've watched Nebraska over the years. What I miss seeing is the constant pounding you guys use to put on the defenses and wearing them down. Nebraska was always feared by their huge physical offensive lineman that could move the line of scrimmage like nothing.

:yeah That's what I want to see again, i.e., lines on O & D that move the line of scrimage downhill and wear other teams out by the end of the middle/end of the third. I also love some of those old clips showing how the D could dish out the suffering. I'm good with the WCO but I want to see some hard hitting football.

we win the north and have a good shot an taking the Big XII next year. it's completely pausable. now if it's *possible*, we'll see.

quarterback situation has me completely amped. can't wait to see how that shakes out.

offensive backfield? not only will with have a running back committee but a board of wide recievers.

i look to purify to justify. can i get a witness to testify?

blackshirts? cos is getting his talent and i'm hoping the get to make a real statement this season. that statement being, "WE PWNZ YOUS!!!!"

i fully expect little red to remain big and bouncy, not unlike nunn's girlfriend...

bilde.jpg

do i have to say it?

GBR!

this is totally irrelevant right now, but i learned a new word thanks to you! thats a good thing! :)

Positives....Sam Keller...should be a good time.

I too liked the resurgence of the running game.

i love watchin BJax, the kids a beast. lol

excited for 07 though