Callahan?

Was at a drinking hole tonight in KC started talking to a

Illiini fan and asked him what he thought of Callahan.

He flat out told me that he is one hell of a PR guy and

one great recruiter but not a very good coach. This was

just his take as being a outsider. Time wiil tell.

I hope Callahan wins a championship here.

That fan said that when his coach is Ron Zook??? There is not a better recruiter/worst coach than Zook.

It amazes me that every single publication, sports talk analyist feels the program is on the rise and that the changes being made were needed.

Yet a few seem to think they know a lot more about college football than those that are paid to know it. Some get big bucks.

We have heard positives from the most hated.

We have heard positives from those considered clueless.

We have heard positives from those on this board that are truly in touch with this program.

You are hearing positives from a signifcant booster, me. I speak with a lot of the big boosters on a pretty regular basis. I have yet to hear a negative word about BC. Take that for what ever it is worth.

This coach is going no where soon. Other than UP in the minds of the doubters. Give him time boy's, the university is.

You must not get out much. Every local talk show except for the one that Peterson runs rips this coaching staff. Tom Shatel has a new Q&A column in the World Herald and every one of the comments in it were critical of this staff. Many former players are critical of them (Benning, Zatechka, Frost, Frazier, Alberts) to name a few). Personally I have not heard many positives about this staff except that they supposedly know the West Coast Offense and that they are good salesmen. For what its worth, the only place that I have seen support for this staff is on internet message boards.

Meyer wins a national championship in year two. Stoops wins one in year two. Carroll built the best program in less than 3 years. Ron Prince took a horrible team with a true freshman qb to a bowl game in his first year. The guy that Callahan replaced took a team that had only won 6 games combined in the 4 years prior to him getting there to a bowl game in his second season and had the same record a Callahan. The excuses are getting old, patience is wearing thin in Husker Nation.

It amazes me that every single publication, sports talk analyist feels the program is on the rise and that the changes being made were needed.

Yet a few seem to think they know a lot more about college football than those that are paid to know it. Some get big bucks.

We have heard positives from the most hated.

We have heard positives from those considered clueless.

We have heard positives from those on this board that are truly in touch with this program.

You are hearing positives from a signifcant booster, me. I speak with a lot of the big boosters on a pretty regular basis. I have yet to hear a negative word about BC. Take that for what ever it is worth.

This coach is going no where soon. Other than UP in the minds of the doubters. Give him time boy's, the university is.

You must not get out much. Every local talk show except for the one that Peterson runs rips this coaching staff. Tom Shatel has a new Q&A column in the World Herald and every one of the comments in it were critical of this staff. Many former players are critical of them (Benning, Zatechka, Frost, Frazier, Alberts) to name a few). Personally I have not heard many positives about this staff except that they supposedly know the West Coast Offense and that they are good salesmen. For what its worth, the only place that I have seen support for this staff is on internet message boards.

Meyer wins a national championship in year two. Stoops wins one in year two. Carroll built the best program in less than 3 years. Ron Prince took a horrible team with a true freshman qb to a bowl game in his first year. The guy that Callahan replaced took a team that had only won 6 games combined in the 4 years prior to him getting there to a bowl game in his second season and had the same record a Callahan. The excuses are getting old, patience is wearing thin in Husker Nation.

BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...JEEZ..stop already. :nutzdedhoarse Meyer wins a MNC in years 2 at FLORDIA.. whine... dedhoarse

Stoops wins one in year 2...POOR ME, dedhoarse oh I mean us... Huskers...(Sarcasm..) God I'm so done with the whiners and complainers...follow Frank then...PLEASE!!! You have obviously have/had no idea where the program was going with Frank at the helm, poor you, and I mean it, poor you.

...nothing Coach Callahan does will please you, ever. God, just please. do us all a favor and just go and 'cheer' for Frank or whomever will make you happy.

It will be MY HUSKERS!!! I guarantee it!!! Go Big Red!!!

P.S. Coach Callahan is not going anywhere...any time soon.... i promise!

Down here in Texas, I hate to say it but there is no fear having to play Nebraska. The only "slight" concern I hear is due to the winning history of Nebraska that will always be in the back of people's minds. The "no fear" has nothing to do with the athletes or the coach, but mostly because the Huskers havent been on the map for over 5 years. There isnt a hint of "they're back" or "on their way". Basically if you are around the top 10 (and this is my perspective) you might as well shuffle around the teams from 15 through 40 because there isnt much separation between them, but there is that separation that you can see when playing a high ranked team.

If half want to give Callahan a few more years with hope, that's fine. We shouldnt dog those Husker fans for being "blind".

If the other half think that Callahan isnt the one and a change should be made if next year brings another 4 loss season, that's fine too. We shouldnt dog those Husker fans for "missing Frank" or "having no clue".

One's opinion is not better than another's.

Hope this makes sense. Let's come together Husker fans. It is what it is.

Peace-OUT!

Being in SoCal I hear a little different. Most think SC is the bomb no question, but many have made the coment that we seem to be headed back. Some have noticed our recruiting is looking up, and some are concerned about the WCO and BC's ability.

It really depends on who you listen to and who they follow.

Most people outside the state of Nebraska see an improvement in the program. That should be enough for now.

Being in SoCal I hear a little different. Most think SC is the bomb no question, but many have made the coment that we seem to be headed back. Some have noticed our recruiting is looking up, and some are concerned about the WCO and BC's ability.

It really depends on who you listen to and who they follow.

Most people outside the state of Nebraska see an improvement in the program. That should be enough for now.

Really? Concerned about the WCO and BC's ability? I have never heard that from anyone who is not partial to Nebraska or BC. I thought that was implied. Anyways, no biggie.

In my opinion an SEC guy here, Bill Callahan stays. I think he knows he's got something brewing in Lincoln. Plus how can you beat the pageantry of college football? It's fun and I think ole Bill enjoys coaching there. You fans hang in there and your days are coming back. You just need to get the right personnel in place. Your not far.

You've hung in there with USC, Oklahoma, Texas and Auburn. Think about that. I think Bill can taste better years to come as you guys do. I'm pulling for you and hoping Bill stays in the long term.

WARRRR EAGLE!!!!!

It's obvious that BC hasn't been perfect but it's rare that a coach is. To win the big ones requires a willingness to try something different and BC has shown that. A willingness to go for it when others may step back and kick it away and it requires luck. How many titles have we seen in the last few years where one lucky play or one lucky break made or broke the season for the team getting to the big game? 5 downs for CU several years ago, SC sliding by a few teams that had them on the ropes, the tipped pass in the endzone agains Mizzou when we ultimatley shared the title with Michigan.

BC's show all except the luck. That will come in time as he pays his dues, gets a few key playmakers etc.

As far as BC leaving. NU football is a pressure cooker for a coach but it is not the NFL. Do you think BC would have been around after more than one year in the NFL with the number of records and traditions that fell by the wayside after his first season here. Do you anyone would be around after winning only two game like Dan Hawkins at CU has done. There is more security in college football, more time to develop teams and more importantly programs. BC has the oppurtunity to do something great at Nebraska. Whether he pulls it off or doesn't remains to be seen. Here he has a little time, in the NFL he gets one shot.

In my humble opinion BC is still missing some talent but he is also missing someone upstairs in the booth that can help call plays. Someone that can see the whole field, relay the info. see a play that is open etc. Late in the seaon it appeared that the defense performed far bette in the 2nd half than the offense did. I believe part of that is not having the right guy in the box to see what adjustments the opposing D made at the half.

When you hang in or have a lead it's pretty easy to not make any changes at the half. It takes someone pretty sharp in the box to see what the opposing D is doing different and find holes in what they are doing. I believe it is much harder to do so at field level.

Down here in Texas, I hate to say it but there is no fear having to play Nebraska. The only "slight" concern I hear is due to the winning history of Nebraska that will always be in the back of people's minds. The "no fear" has nothing to do with the athletes or the coach, but mostly because the Huskers havent been on the map for over 5 years. There isnt a hint of "they're back" or "on their way". Basically if you are around the top 10 (and this is my perspective) you might as well shuffle around the teams from 15 through 40 because there isnt much separation between them, but there is that separation that you can see when playing a high ranked team.

If half want to give Callahan a few more years with hope, that's fine. We shouldnt dog those Husker fans for being "blind".

If the other half think that Callahan isnt the one and a change should be made if next year brings another 4 loss season, that's fine too. We shouldnt dog those Husker fans for "missing Frank" or "having no clue".

One's opinion is not better than another's.

Hope this makes sense. Let's come together Husker fans. It is what it is.

Peace-OUT!

This is not opinion it's fact.........if we got rid of Cally we would be the Alabama of the midwest,but with worse weather, and not as much in state talent. It would be disasterous to the program.