Fire JIm Tressel???

WarTeddy

Well we have fired Bill Callahan and Charlie Weis. I think we need to fire JIm Tressel for going for it on fourth and one deep in their own territory. LOL Lord if we were AD's in our respective schools, we'd have a zero tolerance policy on 4th downs. lol Either make the first down or your FIRED!!! lol Other than that , no pressure. lol In fact lets bring Ronald McDonald Trump to our games so he can fire our coaches for making a bad call. LOL Instead of the Apprentice, we can call it " The Play Call". lol

I thought we could use some humor. It's going to be a long off season. As promised I told you I'll stick around after our game to have some fun. Go Huskers.

WARRRR EAGLE!!!!

Huh. I hate to break it to you fellas, but amidst all your "clever" sarcasm about coaches making decisions to go for it on fourth down in risky situations, and whether they need be fired, you are missing the point.

BC, Weis, and Tressel all went for it. In each instance, they didn't get it. In each instance, the other team took the ball and scored. In each instance, the decision to go for it gave the other team momentum. In each instance, that coach's team LOST.

I never called for Callahan to be fired. But given the track record of "gutsy" play-calling on fourth down during the bowl season, does anyone honestly believe it's good coaching?

Anyone?

Huh. I hate to break it to you fellas, but amidst all your "clever" sarcasm about coaches making decisions to go for it on fourth down in risky situations, and whether they need be fired, you are missing the point.

BC, Weis, and Tressel all went for it. In each instance, they didn't get it. In each instance, the other team took the ball and scored. In each instance, the decision to go for it gave the other team momentum. In each instance, that coach's team LOST.

I never called for Callahan to be fired. But given the track record of "gutsy" play-calling on fourth down during the bowl season, does anyone honestly believe it's good coaching?

Anyone?

Was Husker, you are too touchy.

Not really. I just wish people would stop defending the call. It was stupid and it probably lost the game for us.

Wishing? It ain't gonna happen. You're on a message board. All opinions welcome whether informed or uninformed, stupid or smart, right or wrong. There are others wishing you would agree with them.

Well we have fired Bill Callahan and Charlie Weis. I think we need to fire JIm Tressel for going for it on fourth and one deep in their own territory. LOL Lord if we were AD's in our respective schools, we'd have a zero tolerance policy on 4th downs. lol Either make the first down or your FIRED!!! lol Other than that , no pressure. lol In fact lets bring Ronald McDonald Trump to our games so he can fire our coaches for making a bad call. LOL Instead of the Apprentice, we can call it " The Play Call". lol

I thought we could use some humor. It's going to be a long off season. As promised I told you I'll stick around after our game to have some fun. Go Huskers.

WARRRR EAGLE!!!!

It's not the 4th down going for it that's stupid, it's the 4th and 1 well into your own territory. If he went for a 1 yard fourth and goal, I'd say "good for him!" 4th and 1 from your own 29? Makes you look like you've already lost. OSU *had* already lost. NU, not so much.

Anyone?

The difference is Tressel and Weis are looked at as coaching brilliance, and people are calling Callahan a moron. Weather or not it was a bad call isnt the point. The point is people want to crucify Callahan for his call, but the disasters that Wies and Tressel engineered people just brush off.

I guess their brilliant because they were in a BCS game and we weren't. Callahan will have us there very soon and maybe some of you "Fire Callahan Fans" will give him some props then. He didn't have a hell of a lot to work with when he got here and still some of you wanted miracles. I know we were spoiled but come on. <_<

GBR!!!