Its not the end of the world.............

Travis9

Lucky is not a soft runner.... he breaks a hell of alot more tackles than people give him credit for, and he ran inside just as well as anyone else this year. I thought his blocking, and more importantly, injuries held him back towards the end of the year. I thought all year long that him and Jackson were playing about as well as each other, though I do think Lucky has more upside simply because he is faster.

one thing I don't like about Lucky is that he seems to twinkle toe in the back field and is indecisive in picking the hole to run through. He just seems to not hit the holes quick enough...maybe he's just trying to be patient, I dunno. Honestly though, as of right now, I don't see what he was hyped up to be. He's doesn't seem big enough to run over anybody, and rarely does he dance around someone.

I'm expecting Kenny Wilson to be the man next year...I think he has the tools and potential to be our most complete back next year.

So far, I would have to agree. He reminds me of Horn. All kinds of potential but seemed affraid to just hit the hole and run. Hopefully that will change, because he seems to be a great open field runner. Agree with the Kenny Wilson remarks as well.

Bigrediowan - I agree with your assessment.

Right now, heading into next season those percentages seem about right. No question right now that Lucky has the best handle on the offense. Of the "big three" right now, he has been used the most in a variety of different ways.

To me, what will be so interesting this spring and into summer workouts will be can Glenn and Wilson close the gap somewhat. Will Glenn develop into a serious all-around threat? I think he will. Will Wilson take the next step? I think he's got a great shot.

It's going to be an exciting spring and summer.

I can't wait to see how "THE BIG THREE" continue to develop.

Bigrediowan - I agree with your assessment.

Right now, heading into next season those percentages seem about right. No question right now that Lucky has the best handle on the offense. Of the "big three" right now, he has been used the most in a variety of different ways.

To me, what will be so interesting this spring and into summer workouts will be can Glenn and Wilson close the gap somewhat. Will Glenn develop into a serious all-around threat? I think he will. Will Wilson take the next step? I think he's got a great shot.

It's going to be an exciting spring and summer.

I can't wait to see how "THE BIG THREE" continue to develop.

Last year after spring ball, it seemed like those were the exact sentiments as well. BJax just kind of came out of no where and lead our team.

Heys guys. Lurker for about 3 years. First time post.

I love the way this kid played. Got the tough yards, Blocked could catch, and more time than not made the first man miss. I dont like when players leave early but he is a husker and i will follow him throughout his career.

With that being said i think that only positives can come from this. The first being we sent another player to the league. Recruits eat that up and after all that was a main reason for the coaching change a few years back, and please correct me if im wrong but i think jackson was a solich recruit, so Coach C. also shown us he can develop some talent.

Another positive that this brings, an opportunity for Lucky and Glenn to be a little more comfortable with their place in the lineup. Coach C. will have a little more flexabilty with his "game" plans, without having to worry about kepping eveyone happy.

I look forward to your critiques and discussion. Happy to finally make my voice heard.

Guys, how quickly we forget.

Hell I am old, now try and remember.

BJ was going to be the starter the year before. He was listed ahead of Cory. He injured his shoulder, any of this coming back.

Many on here stated he would be the premier back this year. But until he proved his shoulder problems were over he stayed buried. HE did not just come out of nowhere.

He was the only complete back we had.

You guys and Lucky, I just do not see him being the man. He has the hpe, but the heart, maybe, I sure hope so. I have not seen it this year and he got the lions share of chances. He fell behind as the year went along. He looked good in the Cotton Bowl, so hopefully he has learned. We need him to be all he can be.

Lucky is not a soft runner.... he breaks a hell of alot more tackles than people give him credit for, and he ran inside just as well as anyone else this year. I thought his blocking, and more importantly, injuries held him back towards the end of the year. I thought all year long that him and Jackson were playing about as well as each other, though I do think Lucky has more upside simply because he is faster.

I've seen this with more than once with young backs. They come in with all the hype and then they find things have changed. Coaches start telling them about waiting for blocks and waiting for holes to open and the spend more time thinking than they do reacting. Once they get it down or if they get it down they can be great. It's just a mark of a young highly coached running back.

Brandon jx is gone to nfl and best of luck to him and yes losing him is not the end of the world.

We have three other oustanding backs that could start anywhere else in the country i belive.

Yes one of zac's problems was that he did hold on to the ball too long which led to him being sacked most of the time. And maybe he didnt have that aggressiveness at the leading spot, that i think we need and that we'll get with Keller at the helm next year.

So next year i hope to see an offense that has some fire with it and explosiveness.

some of you might hate me for saying this

but i see as a year of UNFINSHED BUISNESS!!!

also did anyone ever consider there to be more than meets the eye.

Maybe BJax saw the writing on the wall. If Callahan is any sort of coach he would not play BJax next year simply cuz he started this year. Stop and think, there was no valid reason to not play Bjax in the bowl other than Lucky was playing well. Maybe Bjax realize Lucky is improving and that his time may be significantly less next year. That being the case it makes the most sense to go to the nfl now. what kind of stock would he have if he doesnt see the field much next year