Things to Improve On

Hey guys, I thought since the board was starting to get a little quite, I would start a series of threads titled "Things to Improve On". It is just a thread that will go through the positions/players at that position and list things that they need to improve on for next year. Please feel free to add your own comments on what they need to improve on as a group or just as individual players. I will start with this one for the quarterbacks, but feel free to start some for the other positions if you wish.

Keller- needs to get the terminology down to the level where it is just second nature to him. He also needs to work with the starters/main recievers from this past year to start getting comfortable with the timing between all of them and that they are all on the same thought process. He should also try to get the respect of all the players and become the leader of this football team (what a senior starter should be).

Ganz- needs to keep learning the offense. Practice with all the recievers and get comfortable with the timing with all of them. Increase arm strength over the off season. Be prepared to play.

Beau- keep learning the offense. Work with all of the recievers. Always be prepared to play.

Lee- get healthy, don't rush back too soon and injure your self any more. Start learning the offense. Learn all the terms and be familiar with what everything means and what everyone else is doing. Start working with all the recievers to get familiar with how they run routes and their timing. Always be preparded to play no matter what as he might be the emergency starter and forced to burn his redshirt if he is healthy.

Witt- start learning the playbook. Work with all the recievers and start getting comfortable throwing to some of the younger ones (Paul, Holt, Henry, Brooks, McNeil).

Well that is what I think they all need to improve on. Please feel free to go into more specifics or list other things that I may have left out. Also, the last thing that they all need to do is have FUN!!!!!

The O-line and D-line. Not that they were bad. I just always believe that whoever dominates the line of scrimage (both sides of the ball) has more success. And domination is won in the trenches. Create holes, passing lanes, pass protection; stuff the run, get to the QB, fill the lanes. I'm all about owning the line of scrimage. It's power, man. :woo

It's already falling apart gamecocks, we went from QB to TE to OL.

Sorry, I guess I didnt understand the whole topic. This is for "QB's" only... okay I get it now.

QB improvement:

I havent seen Keller throw a pass. I've seen Ganz throw a few. I guess I dont have much to add here then. For improvements.

Since none of these guys have won a game as the NU quarterback its hard to develop a list of things they need to improve on. Because the QB is the main position in the offense I'll say this about the NU offense in terms of improvements (or changes) I'd like to see:

1. Stretch the field more. Sure the WC offense is based on a short, controlled passing game, but I'd like to see the offense to throw deep more often. Sure this is a function of speed at the WR position and arm strength of the QB.

2. Include the TE more in the passing game. Of course this is dependent on having a quality player at the TE position (no shot at current players) and have a QB having confidence in the TE.

Interesting topic:

-Dailey: Just give up on football as there are few programs that run an offense you would be effective in.

-Lord: Keep working on your tackling techniques...you still may find a spot on a roster and get some special teams garbage time.

-Crouch: Stretch your neck out so it does not hurt so much when you hang your head in shame and return home to the playground business.

-Frost: Keep using your knowledge of the psyche of NU football players to groom other Big XII opponents defensive strategies.

-Frazier: Back away from the buffet table. It isn't doing you any good going back for that 3rd piece of bananna cream pie.

Oh....you meant current NU QB's? I don't know then.

Interesting topic:

-Dailey: Just give up on football as there are few programs that run an offense you would be effective in.

-Lord: Keep working on your tackling techniques...you still may find a spot on a roster and get some special teams garbage time.

-Crouch: Stretch your neck out so it does not hurt so much when you hang your head in shame and return home to the playground business.

-Frost: Keep using your knowledge of the psyche of NU football players to groom other Big XII opponents defensive strategies.

-Frazier: Back away from the buffet table. It isn't doing you any good going back for that 3rd piece of bananna cream pie.

Are you trying to be funny CMB? If so, don't quit your day job. :hmmph

Interesting topic:

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin ......damn.

Humor is good!

Interesting topic:

i thought that was pretty funny

Interesting topic:

i thought that was pretty funny

funny and true