OH THE HYPOCRACY OF IT ALL.........

Hypocracy is the definition of a fan. To say that Husker fans are more so is easy simply because of the shear number of them. This is Nebraska and for all the good and bad of that Nebraska fans can be a bit diehard. It's not like a West Coast school where everyone in the state is on the band wagaon based on who's winning. It's not like Cubs fans who are diehard fans when their team looses year in and year out only to become excessively critical only when they are winning. This is Nebraska and we are willing to overlook certian real or percieved shortcomings when we win but like all fans can become more critical when we loose. This year has been a bit different. We are critical even when we win. We see potential, we see improvement and we see our wait for a return to former glory as dutyful however even we have limitations. Fans aren't upset because we haven't returned or restored etc. Fans are upset because the see either real or percieved mistakes that the team, staff etc. should not be making at this point. Is that hypocritical or realistic?

Are chiefs fans hypocritical when they give the coach the benefit of the doubt for brining Trent Green back and then after he struggles speek out that the 2nd string guy who's performed well should be starting? I venture to guess there are a few on the KC team that now which the 2nd stringer had the start in the playoff game but that's just a guess.

Actually, FANATICAL is the definition of a fan. Fanatics don't have to be consistant thinkers. In fact, the more they are driven by their adrenal glands and spleen rather than their brain the better, or should I say more, fan they are.

Hypocrits are those whose behavior and speach are inconsistent with their confessed system of beliefs or religious affiliation. Now, I guess someone could argue that Husker football is a religion and that religion requires certain beliefs and opinions. Deviating from those required beliefs would be hypocrisy.

Geeze the off season is a bore.

Love the responses AWESOME but Frank Solich come on.

Junior i think ur a good guy, but had frankie kiss butt stayed we would be behind Iowa St at this point. we had no talent, we had no heart, we had nothing, we had players who did not want to play for him period and asst coaches that laughed at him behind his back. Frank was a weasel. he cant get the job done so he abandons several coaches to save his own ass. Milt Tenopir was and may still be the premier line coach in america. he was offered nfl jobs all the time yet when frank had to save his ass he stuck a dagger in the back of a coach that had been here 29 years.

yes he did well at ohio its more his speed he was outclassed here. over beers some time ask me how he actually got the running back job or ask me the story of when he was named coach i have a lot of them

One of franks biggest problems to me was LITTLE MAN SYNDROME. it wasnt good enough to do it Toms way a way that worked, he had to do it his own way. he was gonna make his mark and i will give him credit for one thing he accomplished probably the hardest thing there is to do in college football

HE TOOK THE MOST ELITE MOST DOMINANT TEAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, A TEAM THAT WON 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 4 YEARS AND RAN THEM INTO THE GROUND IN UNDER 4 YEARS,, NOW THAT IS ONE HELL OF AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.

I COULD HAVE COME ON THIS SITE AND RANDOMLY PICKED 11 POSTERS AND THE 12 OF US COULD HAVE GONE AND RECRUITED AFTER THE 97 SEASON

WE ARE WHERE WE ARE CUZ frankie sucked and he ran us in the ground and thank goodness pederson came along and had the stones to do what he did or we as a program would be showing up on episodes of unsolved mysteries and on milk cartons claiming HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS ONCE DOMINANT PROGRAM.

Junior i think ur a great guy, solich is and was an ass and will forever be an ass, so i respectfully disagree with you and have now vomited my entire breakfast up simply at the thought of weasel boy thinking that David Horne was the running back we needed to offer over cedric benson which is another story ill tell you about some time

junior4949,

You certainly are entitled to your thoughts.

I remind you of the total embarassments that Frank led us to.

Colorado, Miami to start it off. Not to mention the loss to Arizona the year before.

I know the the 9-3 season is coming but prior to that we were 7-5 with victories over two directional schools or close to.

Our losses in that tremendous 9-3 season were total embarasements to at that time top programs.

BC lost 1 game this year that we shold not have. Oklahoma State. We were underdogs on all the others. And I might add that those games other than SC were very close to highly ranked teams.

I agree he needs to learn a little more about the college game, but he seems sincere in wanting to.

I am not happy with the numbers, but I am happy with the progress. You choose to see things half empty, and I see it half full.

I personally like Frank Solich. He was my inspiration in high school. Being a small running back.

But Frank was in over his head, had a AD that hated him to start with, old codgers that refuesed to help him and actually wanted his job. A new AD that made rules that he failed to adhere to. Frank failed for a number of reasons, and I would not put it all on his coaching either. But I still feel the program is in better hands for the future than they would have been. Liking Mr. Pederson is not a requirement for liking BC. If it were I would be in real trouble. But the man has done a lot of good for Nebraska.

I realize you are a booster and you are entitled to your opinion, but let's break the losses down that you speak of that FS lost. Miami was the NC the year you are speaking about. We didn't play Florida this year, so who knows how bad the score might have been. The loss to CU was bad, but CU did win the Big 12 that year and some highly paid gurus thought either them or Oregon should have been playing Miami for the NC. We have had meltdowns to teams that are not top tier under BC. TT was a good team, but definitely not a top 10 when they totally handled us. KU in 05 wasn't even a good team, yet they totally spanked us. OSU was a decent team this year, but they were not a great team or even a good team. To me, the losses we sustained this year are almost acceptable. However, the meltdowns we've had in each of the three years BC has been here are no acceptable.

Now, I don't have a feeling one way or the other about BC. I totally hate Pud. This thread is about the hipocracy of those who post here. Last year, I called Taylor a bandaid QB. I was totally ripped on. Now, those same people are saying he was ok but wait until Keller steps in. We've seen Keller's numbers at ASU, and just from the sheer numbers it is easy to see why he wasn't named the starter. He got mad and transferred. IMO, Keller is simply another bandaid QB. We're not going to be highly successful until we get a good freshman to come in here and be in the system for a while. We all though Beck was the answer, and well he didn't like the situation and left. In order for a team to win it all, they need a seasoned QB to lead the team. Both Florida and Ohio State had that this year. Last year, USC and Texas had that. For NU to get on track, we not only have to get the good/great QB but we have to keep him as well. So far, BC has failed in this category.

After seeing how things have evolved and the job FS has done at Ohio, I still stand by my assessment that FS is a better "coach" than BC. He just wasn't a great recruiter. BC has got the recruits, but he's been repeatedly outcoached since he's been here. He's an excellent offensive minded coach. We've seen what he can do especially in the first quarter. Then, everything falls apart. Obviously something had to be done. The AD had two choices. He either put pressure on FS to get new blood into the program and better recruiting, or we put a new person in there. Pud chose to do both. BC would make a lot better OC than HC. I question his ability to handle players and staff. We saw the mutiny in Oakland. We've somewhat saw it here with several players jumping ship. We saw Blake leave to take the same position at a university where they don't have near the history.

BC may know football and may know what's best, but back to the thread on hipocracy and always playing the best players really makes me wonder in regards to Lucky. IMO, it was easy to see especially after the first few games who the top RB was. We all saw BC continue to put Lucky in even after Jackson was schooling the opposing team's defense. Jackson would get in a rhthym and make big plays only to ride the pine. Jackson may have left a little early and may not have much of an NFL career. However, who really thinks that next year would have been any different for him if he stayed?

On this site, Keller is being regarded as the second coming the savior of the program. He might be. However, he might just be another bandaid QB until we get that heralded freshman to sit in the waiting for a couple of years before we reach the promised land. We thought we were there with Beck. He left. We thought we were headed there with Freeman. He chose KState. I do see the glass as half empty, and I think it's going to be quite a while before we are going in the right direction towards he promised land.

I guess there are more renovations going on at Memorial Stadium. They are changing the messages etched in stone at the gates. They will now read:

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nations Wars, we will complain on your behalf. God rest your souls."

Southwest: "Not the victory but in embarassing the opponent; Not the goal but the griping about the gameplan; In the deed the glory, in the loss the excuses."

Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport. Holding, Facemask, Personal Foul, Interference; In these are the true words yelled by fans on any given play."

Northeast: "Their Lives they held their countrys trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes. However they still think T.O. and the option would work."

"Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football...Just ask any one of them."

I've said it before and say it again. I was born and raised a Husker. I am an alumni. I will always cheer for good 'ol NU....but NU fans are the most critical, hypocritical, biased fans in college sports.

;)

:clap:corndance:clap:corndance

You had me until that last line dude.

I dont' think NU fans are any more critical, hypcritical, or biased that fans from say, OU, or A & M, or UT, or Ohio State, or FSU, or Miami, or USC, or ND, etc etc. I think in all programs with a history of championships such as UNLs the fans have more reason to have high and maybe even unrealistic expectations.

I dont' think NU fans are any more critical, hypcritical, or biased that fans from say, OU, or A & M, or UT, or Ohio State, or FSU, or Miami, or USC, or ND, etc etc. I think in all programs with a history of championships such as UNLs the fans have more reason to have high and maybe even unrealistic expectations.

I'd have to disagree, with maybe the exception of ND. All of those other fanbases are also most likely fans and spend their time, concentration and money on other sports teams whether it be collegiate or professional. Here it is (for the most part) live and breathe Husker football....and oh yeah, there are some teams in Kansas City and Denver too.

I like Lucky, and believe he's gonna be a star.

If he makes the same progress he made from year 1 to year 2, he could be a GREAT back. I liked the way he played this year, even if others don't.

You can't teach speed and hands. He has both. He was coached up this year (Jordan is a pretty good coach...I'd like to see him be the OC), as were all the backs. The upside to these guys is tremendous. and the ones coming in will push them, too.

The glass is more than half full, skers and Chicago man! I believe NU could have a top-10 team next year.

I'd have to disagree, with maybe the exception of ND. All of those other fanbases are also most likely fans and spend their time, concentration and money on other sports teams whether it be collegiate or professional. Here it is (for the most part) live and breathe Husker football....and oh yeah, there are some teams in Kansas City and Denver too.

From Post 22 above.

While driving back from the cotton bowl we had the radio on a sports talk

show while driving through Oklahoma and you should have heard all of

them calling in wanting stoops gone for loosing to Boise St.

At least OU fans are as fickle in their opinions of coahces as what you suggest NU fans are.

Don't forget Alabama.

Don't forget Alabama.

Or Michigan

I guess there are more renovations going on at Memorial Stadium. They are changing the messages etched in stone at the gates. They will now read:

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nations Wars, we will complain on your behalf. God rest your souls."

Southwest: "Not the victory but in embarassing the opponent; Not the goal but the griping about the gameplan; In the deed the glory, in the loss the excuses."

Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport. Holding, Facemask, Personal Foul, Interference; In these are the true words yelled by fans on any given play."

Northeast: "Their Lives they held their countrys trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes. However they still think T.O. and the option would work."

"Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football...Just ask any one of them."

I've said it before and say it again. I was born and raised a Husker. I am an alumni. I will always cheer for good 'ol NU....but NU fans are the most critical, hypocritical, biased fans in college sports.

;)

best post ive seen in a long time, im considering putting that in my already obscene signature.

edit: i am guilty of complaining and all that jazz too. but im tryin to change that. i also bitched and moaned after the losses. not that its an excuse, but after the losses i was highly emotional. I was spoiled by the 90's. we all were, whether you care to admit it or not. We were the big dog.

Present day, we are a nervous and unstable fanbase. Lets face it, NU was,is, and forever will be, the underdog. What NU has done is incredible. NU is a school in a state that has a population less than most urban areas, and somehow, this little school won 5 national titles and produced

3 (and should be many more, haha bias) heisman trophy winners, a boatload of All-Americans, Academic All-Americans, and All-Conference Players.

I dont really know where i wanted to go with this little rant. Maybe we have lost perspective of what we are and who we are.

or maybe i have lost perspective on what the hell i am writing about lol.

;)

best post ive seen in a long time, im considering putting that in my already obscene signature.

edit: i am guilty of complaining and all that jazz too. but im tryin to change that. i also bitched and moaned after the losses. not that its an excuse, but after the losses i was highly emotional. I was spoiled by the 90's. we all were, whether you care to admit it or not. We were the big dog.

Present day, we are a nervous and unstable fanbase. Lets face it, NU was,is, and forever will be, the underdog. What NU has done is incredible. NU is a school in a state that has a population less than most urban areas, and somehow, this little school won 5 national titles and produced

3 (and should be many more, haha bias) heisman trophy winners, a boatload of All-Americans, Academic All-Americans, and All-Conference Players.

I dont really know where i wanted to go with this little rant. Maybe we have lost perspective of what we are and who we are.

or maybe i have lost perspective on what the hell i am writing about lol.

nope, this is a pretty good post....it will be extremely hard for us to be dominant again...BCS material is an acceptable goal at this point.......

BC may know more about football than anyone else on this site, but I guarantee you that he knows a hell of a lot more about football than his boss. Who fires a coach who in 5 years as HC was coach of the league 2 out of the 5 years, who after being fired led a team to the conference championship for the first time in like forever and first bowl appearance in like forever, and btw was coach of the year in that conference?

In terms of coaching, we had a far superior coach with the last guy. He was fired because he couldn't recruit. BC is a great offensive mind. However, his coaching goes down hill in a hurry after drawing up a few plays. For instance, we outscored our opponents this year by an obscene amount in the first quarter. After the scripted plays were gone through and the opposing team's defense had a chance to adjust, we were totally screwed.

After watching what FS has done at Ohio in such a short amount of time, I'm convinced he's a great coach. He just couldn't recruit the players needed, so he was fired. BC brings in a few of the players we need to win, but stumbles. In his first 3 years, we've had at least one game in each season that has been a complete and total meltdown. In his first year, obviously it was the shilacking we took at the hands of the Red Raiders. In 05, the obvious meltdown was getting our ever living asses kicked by lowly KU. This year, obvioulsy it was getting our bare bottoms spanked by OSU.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm with the landonhusker. The hipocracy of some here has no limits. In 3 more years, does BC still get to use the excuse of FS recruits? We're getting better is all we hear, but are we really? We had a 5 loss season. I don't believe one team we beat this year was ranked at the end of the season. We are told that BC is a great recruiter. However, how many of the 4 and 5 star recruits from that highly touted recruting class a couple of years ago are gone? How many recruits have decommitted since Blake's departure? If Coz would happen to leave, it will be the second coordinator or staff member this year. If you can't keep players and can't keep coordinator here, I think you're going to find it difficult to win here.

"we had a far superior coach with the last guy"

I was taking your post serious until you said that. You are such a kidder.