Let's have a good discussion about this

4. Nebraska defensive end Adam Carriker helped himself as much as any player this week, the 6-6, 290-pounder showing off great pass rush ability. Then his Cornhusker teammate, Jay Moore, recorded three sacks Saturday.

"The schemes we ran at Nebraska were to help the team, but they kind of hurt me personally because I couldn't show what I could do," Carriker said. "This week I've been showing what I can do."

4. Nebraska defensive end Adam Carriker helped himself as much as any player this week, the 6-6, 290-pounder showing off great pass rush ability. Then his Cornhusker teammate, Jay Moore, recorded three sacks Saturday.

"The schemes we ran at Nebraska were to help the team, but they kind of hurt me personally because I couldn't show what I could do," Carriker said. "This week I've been showing what I can do."

Well..it's easy to say that after the fact. But again in that game (Senior Bowl) the OL doesn't stunt, double team, or key in on certian players. So I will take it for what it's worth.

Pros:

• It helps the team play better as a unit. Football is a team sport, after all.

Cons:

• He doesn't get to show what he could do against an offense that doesn't double or triple team the really good guys.
  • He doesn't get as many sacks when he plays against an offense that isn't smart enough to double the best guy on the team.

Here goes my "coaching" agian, and I apologize in advance.....ME, ME, ME..... I thought maybe it was only contained to young, immature, high school kids....

I am not saying that Adam is whining, because he probably isn't.....but I really would hate to see members of this board use this as "ammo" against Coz.....

TEAM, TEAM, TEAM......what is best for the team is what matters MOST , and FOREMOST....

screw if Carriker could have had 50 sacks, if he is a defensive Heisman......if the defensive unit doesn't play well together, and we lose many games, does it really matter???

Hell, I stopped giving out "game" awards such as pancake and hammer awards....found too many guys more worried about stats than wins and losses....

The thing about NCAA and NFL, is that even if a guy can't "show-case" his talent during the season, he has ample opportunity to show off at post -season honor games and combines....

Sorry Eric....I got off on rant....Pros-Cons

Pros: TEAM, TEAM, TEAM.....wins-losses

Cons: guy may have to really show well at combine

guy may have to go without ind. honors

BC is not judged by "individual honors", he is judged by Wins-Loss

ouch, said Coz.......you gotta ask yourself, why wasn't Carriker more effective this year on the D? i figured something was wrong when we seldom saw the fruits of his talent.....i think the kid was frustrated with the schemes Coz was using...can't blame him

Because he was so good he was keyed on all season. He had success late in the year because Ola, Cryer and Moore all stepped up their play. All 4 of those guys will be on an NFL roster next year, and a lot of that has to do with Carriker. Carriker will make a ton of money next year, a lot of that has to do with his willingness to let his teammates make the play while he did the dirty work, that and because he is a freak of nature.

Look at the #1 pick this past year. Mario Williams had 6-7 sacks for NC State, but his opposite end had like twice as many because he was left with one on ones. His size, speed and versatility is very similar to Carriker.

I would say Pros are: Team wins, showing that you are a character guy when it counts rather than giving lip service at the combine interviews, bigger payout come draft day.

Cons: Less individual stats.

Sorry Eric....I got off on rant....Pros-Cons

Pros: TEAM, TEAM, TEAM.....wins-losses

Cons: guy may have to really show well at combine

guy may have to go without ind. honors

BC is not judged by "individual honors", he is judged by Wins-Loss

No, I think you make excellent points.......he thinks of the team......if he didn';t take up blockers, the offense is able to get into our second level backers and block them.

We didnt have the DBs this year to let these guys run wild... next year we will be better as a whole unit and it will show :bonez

I totally agree. We blitzed some, but not much. Our LBs were in pass coverage so much it was silly. Without LB pressure, O-lines were able to contain our D-line more than in years past. This will change...soon! I also agree with others that a Senior bowl offensive line made up of good players, but does not have the time for the players to gel into a unit. I also think Carriker was talking-the-talk (promoting himself for the draft).