OLB Arthur Brown

Yes, Brown's situation is a potential hazard, and while he may be a top recruit, there are many other recruits that Callahan can get and Callahan knows this, Brown will not be coming to NU even if he wanted too, Callahan would NEVER put himself, his team, his fans or university in jeopardy for ONE good commitment. Especially when we already have some very good ones, and one waiting on the helm..

In otherwords, if Callahan thinks Brown isn't worth the trouble, then we should trust him...

Hazard? Jeopardy? What are you talking about?

Hes not a potential hazard and yes we do have a chance at getting him. Brian Butler the guy that has an organization for potential players is the guy youre referring to as his "agent" so to speak but Butler does not control where Arthur goes he just helps him schedule visits and put in good words for him at schools even though now thats not needed. Butler is just trying to help take the stress off the players during the season because when it comes time for Arthur to decide Butler wont be needed and wont have control where Arthur goes.

and i dont think that it is just Authur Brown and his brother that are using Mr Butlers services. I believe that a lot of top players in the Whichta area go there also.

if i remember right, i read somewhere that he took a van load of kids on unofficial visits to alot of different schools this summer and to some camps also

Yes you are correct he's also doing it for two players from Wichita NW named Chris Harper and TJ Shine and a few other players. This guy is a good guy trying to help the kids with their future. But after talking with Arthur sr. he talks like that pretty much every school on the list has a chance because his son Arthur hasnt really watched alot of college fb and doesnt buy into all the media crap with USC and stuff. Hes going to make his decision based on the professors at the schol, the facilities, the coaches, and how they want to use him in their defense which in our case hed fit perfectly and his dad likes us alot so well just wait and see and Ill keep you guys updated when I talk to Arthur sr. next.

^

So this guy is offering a 'service' for these kids? How exactly is he paid? Do you really think he helps pure strangers out of the kindness of his heart? Moreso, kids with bright futures who are top athletes? I mean, c'mon, seriously.

Lets not be naive about the situation -- when you have these work-arounds who latch onto these kids (this isn't limited to just the Brown's), it is for nothing more than a potential piece of the pie. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can say his intentions are true, blah blah, but that is nothing more than being naive.

^

So this guy is offering a 'service' for these kids? How exactly is he paid? Do you really think he helps pure strangers out of the kindness of his heart? Moreso, kids with bright futures who are top athletes? I mean, c'mon, seriously.

Lets not be naive about the situation -- when you have these work-arounds who latch onto these kids (this isn't limited to just the Brown's), it is for nothing more than a potential piece of the pie. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can say his intentions are true, blah blah, but that is nothing more than being naive.

Say what you want but I live here and speak with the bros. father often and they also did an article in our newspaper here about brian butler and his NON-PROFIT organization so I guess the newspaper must be naive as well. We only know as much as were told and thats what Im told so thats all I have to go by, but of course theres always going to be skeptics, like for example you. Heres a link to the article in our paper: http://kansas.com/266/story/140188.html

Do you not understand how these guys work, or do I need to explain how these 'advisers' operate when they latch onto HS kids?

A business being ran that is non-profit would not be for the benefit of kids who obviously have bright futures ahead of them. You would be more inclined to help out inner city kids who struggle to get by day-to-day.

Basically, it becomes a Mike Conley Sr type situation. He latched onto his son and his friends, became an 'adviser' throughout HS, and ultimately became their agent.

Like I said, their are TONS of these guys out there. They gain the trust of these kids and their families early in their careers. If they progress to future fortune, want to take a guess who is likely to be apart of their team of advisers?

I can understand how you would be so quick to defend Arthur, seeing you are a friend of the family. But you need to realize how common this is with recruits all around the country.

Do you not understand how these guys work, or do I need to explain how these 'advisers' operate when they latch onto HS kids?

A business being ran that is non-profit would not be for the benefit of kids who obviously have bright futures ahead of them. You would be more inclined to help out inner city kids who struggle to get by day-to-day.

Basically, it becomes a Mike Conley Sr type situation. He latched onto his son and his friends, became an 'adviser' throughout HS, and ultimately became their agent.

Like I said, their are TONS of these guys out there. They gain the trust of these kids and their families early in their careers. If they progress to future fortune, want to take a guess who is likely to be apart of their team of advisers?

I can understand how you would be so quick to defend Arthur, seeing you are a friend of the family. But you need to realize how common this is with recruits all around the country.

Yeah I think you are correct about that now that you mentioned that example. Well Ill just keep an eye on it and well just see what happens with these kids, but the Brown bros. definitely have the brightest futures ahead of them out of all the kids Butler is "helping", so those two are the ones hed most likely try to be an agent for but they have alot longer til the NFL unlike Oden and Conley had just one year then went pro, Butler would have to wait around longer and I know after speaking with Arthur sr. that education is first and foremost for his sons so most likely theyd be staying for their senior years.

I guess I don't know what to think. He seems to be helping a lot of kids, many of whom won't make it to the NFL, except perhaps the Browns, and maybe a hand-full of others. Kansas doesn't strike me as a state that is loaded with H.C. talent, like Nebraska. So is he motivated by the Browns' NFL potential? Could be, but I don't know. Is what he is doing ethical? Your guess is as good as mine. :dunno

If he would expand this service to let's say Texas, then perhaps we would have a better idea what his motives are. But Kansas, dunno.

after reading the article again, i like the fact that he brought in JUCO and other small college coaches for the kids that wouldnt get a D1 scholarship.

i really do not think that his motives are bad. i think that he is doing a good thing for the kids there.

Yeah as do I but then again nobody knows but him, so well just see and btw thered be point to him moving this service to Texas. Hes from here in Kansas and is wanting to help the kids that wont get noticed, the Texas kids dont need any help with getting noticed.