Kenny Wilson

ljs blog

In other news, Callahan said running back Kenny Wilson has been hospitalized recently due to an infection in his left knee. "It's been a big concern for all of us here the last month," Callahan said. Wilson has lost considerable weight, Callahan said, and it's questionable if he will be ready to go for spring drills.

This could hurt. He was one that was needing the extra practice time.

If he has lost "considerable weight" then this must be more serious than what was first thought. I am no doctor (I did play one of tv once though) but a big drop in weight has to be something pretty serious.

You always seem to lose weight in the hospital. If its not the constant pumping you full of IV solution, its the drugs that make you lose your appetite, or the wonderful Hospital food. I am no doctor either, (but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night), but lets hope he gets out of their soon and can get back to normal and start putting the pounds on again.

If he has lost "considerable weight" then this must be more serious than what was first thought. I am no doctor (I did play one of tv once though) but a big drop in weight has to be something pretty serious.

You always seem to lose weight in the hospital. If its not the constant pumping you full of IV solution, its the drugs that make you lose your appetite, or the wonderful Hospital food. I am no doctor either, (but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night), but lets hope he gets out of their soon and can get back to normal and start putting the pounds on again.

Ok, I thought that he lost weight prior to going to the Hospital, but if it is while he was there, that would make sense.

:wtf how many skinny nurses do you see in the hospital? I'll send you a picture. :) Just a FYI most people admitted to the hospital are SICK and that may be the cause of weight loss possibly. Kenny may have been septic and with a little n/v mixed in making him unable to keep his nutritional status adequate to maintain his immune system it's just a vicious circle.

Hope they find the reason for his continuing problem with his knee.

a couple of things can cause the weight loss.

1. obviously the infection

2. not eating regularly at the training table and having to eat hospital food.

3. knee injury and not able to lift weights will cause a loss of muscle mass, and everyone knows that muscle weighs more than fat does.

my 2 cents

Wow, that is bad news. I was really ready to see a great 1-2 punch neat year. A Bush, White kind of back field. I hope he gets better soon even if he can't make spring drills, just having him back trying to get in shape, gives one hope.

Worry about your self first Kenny. Football will still be there when your ready.

GBR!!! :thumbs

Folks, I have heard about this for some time, but the person who told me asked I keep it to myself, but now that it's out.....

This is really serious, no one knows what the hell is wrong. This guy has lost a considerable amount of weight. I look for him to redshirt, if ever play again. It's that bad.

Infection??? What kind of infection?

It could be a tumor....

Sorry....horrible....for some reason "Kindergarten Cop" was in my head. My apologies.

<<<<<<<<<< :asshat

You are evil :)

But anyways.....

That is terrible for Kenny. Any doctors answer me this........if the infection gets serious enough it could lead to amputation right?? Not saying that it will because I think it happens very rarely.

But I hope he gets better. Take your time though.