Texas gets a few commits over the week

Luke Poehlman, OT

Brenham, TX

Brenham High School

Scouts Grade: 45

ESPN150 Rank: 5

Position Rank: 2

Texas adds another '08

Junior offensive lineman Luke Poehlmann of Brenham High School (Brenham, TX) has committed to the University of Texas, according to the Austin American-Statesman.

Poehlman Update Archive

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb. 15

Mark Buchanan, OT

Sugar Land, TX

Stephen F. Austin High School

Position Rank: 2

Mark Buchanan commits to Texas

Junior offensive lineman Buchanan has committed to Texas, according to the Austin American-Statesman.

Buchanan Update Archive

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb. 15

Dan Buckner, WR

Allen, TX

Allen High School

Position Rank: 3

Longhorns get commit from '08 Dan Buckner

Junior wide receiver Buckner committed to Texas on Sunday, reports the Dallas Morning News.

Buckner Update Archive

Feb. 15

Donald Monroe, WR

Angleton, TX

Angleton High School

Position Rank: 3

Donald Monroe commits to the Longhorns for '08

Junior defensive back Monroe has verbally commited to Texas for 2008, reports the Austin American-Statesman.

Monroe Update Archive

Feb. 15

David Snow, DT

Gilmer, TX

Gilmer High School

Position Rank: 1

Longhorns get commit from '08 offensive lineman

Junior offensive lineman David Snow has committed to Texas, according to the Austin American-Statesman.

Snow Update Archive

Feb. 15

Ryan Roberson, RB

Brenham, TX

Brenham High School

Position Rank: 1

Texas gains '08 RB Ryan Roberson

Junior running back Roberson committed to Texas on Sunday, reports the Austin American-Statesman.

They just added another:

Feb. 20

Antoine Hicks, ATH

Mansfield, TX

Timberview High School

Scouts Grade: 40

Versatile 2008 prospect pledges the Longhorns

Antoine Hicks, a high school quarterback who could also play wide receiver or defensive back in college, verbally committed to in-state power Texas over the weekend, the Austin American-Statesman reports.

Hicks Update Archive

They will be having problems soon over playing time at o/t. They are over stocked at that position and it will soon allow more kids to be pulled out of that state. Teams like Nebraska can offer quick playing time and that will have some of their top high schoolers looking around more. I hope we can start pulling some of the real good ones out of there next year.

GBR!!!

USC is still the one to beat. It almost makes me sick how they almost literally get anyone they go after. It doesnt matter if they are from cali or not. For the most part like 98% of texas' recruits are from texas, and it may be the same with SC but if they want someone such as Mcnight, Hazelton, Griffen, or Johnson for example they are all but a lock. I often wonder why they can do this and I might have come to a conclusion for myself. I think maybe the coaches are saying hey this kid wont stay till his senior season, that gives you the chance to start as a redshirt freshman or sophmores. They know guys like Taylor Mays wont stay all four years so thats why they go there along with the fact they are almost locked to go to a NC in the time they are there. As for all the running backs I have no idea. They have five five star, and three four star running backs all no older than a sophmore.