Bo Ruud...

BigBL87

The power of THREE.

Besides Ruud being tabbed as numero uno at his position the following were all picked as the third best at their respective positions for the entire Big XII:

Sam Keller QB

Maurice Purify WR

Matt Slauson OL

Zach Bowman DB

It was also interesting that they believe Marcus Mendoza would be the newbie that might enter the RB mix this year with no mention of Castille.

I really hope Keller is as good as advertised. I'm also not sure how good Chase Daniel is. I would give the nod to McCoy or Bobby Reid over him. It will be interesting to see how Purify evolves and if they let Keller and he loose.

One thought, it is only special teams, but do we have a kicker or punter worth anything???

Titchner had a decent average last year...

One of the 'other' boards had compared him to Koch and found he wasn't that far off in his averages for years played. Tichner should be even better for us this year. :)

Titchener's average wasn't eye popping, but he had very few touchbacks and did a fine job of not necessarily "outkicking" his coverage. His average was near 40 yards, but his net punting was pretty darn good if my memory serves me correct, and that is what truly matters. He should only improve since he was just a Sophomore.

Its nice that Ruud got mentioned. My respect for Rivals has just waned a little however. If Ruud is that good fine, but i sure missed it. Octo is better. i dont' really care if both play but Octo needs to be on the field.

I frankly wouldnt be upset if McKeon sat, but having both Ruud and McKeon on the field isnt good. If Octo stays healthy he can and will be a beast.

All Ive ever said is Octo needs to play and the one game he was truly healthy, TEXAS, he was hands down the best defensive player on the field on either team.

No need to argue amongst the masses but if Dillard and Octo are on the field with Ruud people will end the year talking about how he is the 3rd best linebacker on his team.

Love all of ya, we may disagree on a lot of things but there is one thing we all agree on. WE LOVE THE HUSKERS

Its nice that Ruud got mentioned. My respect for Rivals has just waned a little however. If Ruud is that good fine, but i sure missed it. Octo is better. i dont' really care if both play but Octo needs to be on the field.
That's the problem. With Octavien's injury problems, DJR thought for a while that Octavien actually meant "questionable for Saturday". Besides the fact that I don't know if he's been on the field enough to actually be considered the best backer on a level field.

I frankly wouldnt be upset if McKeon sat, but having both Ruud and McKeon on the field isnt good. If Octo stays healthy he can and will be a beast.

All Ive ever said is Octo needs to play and the one game he was truly healthy, TEXAS, he was hands down the best defensive player on the field on either team.

No need to argue amongst the masses but if Dillard and Octo are on the field with Ruud people will end the year talking about how he is the 3rd best linebacker on his team.

Love all of ya, we may disagree on a lot of things but there is one thing we all agree on. WE LOVE THE HUSKERS

If Octo could stay healthy, I'm sure he would probably be better than Ruud. However, Ruud has been able to stay healthy and produce pretty well. In rating players, I would rate a guy that can play 14 games and put up good stats better than a guy that can play 4 and get great stats. Maybe that's just me.