What Not to Do on Gameday

I'm graduating from college this May, so I have about a dozen weddings to go to, and I find myself getting pissed every time I come across one on a fall Saturday. I mean, why cant these jackasses do it in baseball season? There are 162 of those games, but only 14 or so days a year where I can watch the Huskers. Drives me nuts.

One of my buddies has a wedding on the day of the NFL draft, and I am struggling between watching to see where Carriker, Bradley, Bjax go than go to his wedding. And this is just the Draft!

Haha, sounds a lot like how it is down here at Auburn.

A man got great tickets to the iron bowl (auburn/alabama game) right on the 50 yard line. He got to his seats and sat down. As it got closer to game time, he noticed that there was an empty seat in front of him. Thinking of a few friends he could invite to come sit in the section, he asked the man next to the empty seat if it was available. The old man replied, "That's my wife's seat, we used to come to the game and sit in these two seats every year until she died." Touched, the younger man said "I'm so sorry to hear that, but isn't there a family member or friend that you could bring to the game?" To which the old man replied, "Nah, they're all at her funeral."

And an Auburn themed valentines day card that follows suit...

vday07_funeral.jpg

A man got great tickets to the iron bowl (auburn/alabama game) right on the 50 yard line. He got to his seats and sat down. As it got closer to game time, he noticed that there was an empty seat in front of him. Thinking of a few friends he could invite to come sit in the section, he asked the man next to the empty seat if it was available. The old man replied, "That's my wife's seat, we used to come to the game and sit in these two seats every year until she died." Touched, the younger man said "I'm so sorry to hear that, but isn't there a family member or friend that you could bring to the game?" To which the old man replied, "Nah, they're all at her funeral."

That's a good one. :thumbs

And an Auburn themed valentines day card that follows suit...

vday07_funeral.jpg

That's great.

I got married this past summer (August 26, '06). My wife wanted to have it a bit later, but I informed her that if we did that, it would get into football season. She looked at me like I was crazy....and I looked back at her as if she didn't know who I (or my family) was. I guaranteed her that there would be at least 10 no-shows if we got married during a 'big' game.

She agreed...but we did miss the first game of the season as we were returning from our Honeymoon that day. Oh well....I'll miss a warm-up game for 7 days in Jamaica.

For when I had to work on game day, I'd plan my (work) schedule around the game. There was 2 (I know the exact number, because it was hell) games last season that I missed (Nichols St. and Missoura) because I had to work during the game, but I made sure the gf was texting me updates on my cell phone (FYI: this really helped in converting her). And of course I'd send her drunken texts if she had to work during a game.