Weight: 223

40 time: 4.6

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Notre Dame, LSU, Minnesota, Duke and Oregon

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: A Step Ahead: Jim Stefani's Underclassmen Football Recruiting Blog

Crist is one of the nation’s top QB prospects......His junior season was his first year as a starter as he backed up USC freshman Garrett Green as a sophomore……He plays for a program that has regularly produced Division I talent in recent years (Justin Fargas, Travis Johnson, etc…)…..As a junior, despite missing four games due to an injury he completed 63 of 119 passes (52.9%) for 1,270 yards, 17 TDs and just 3 INTs. He also rushed for 230 yards and 4 TDs on 48 carries (4.79 average)……He earned First Team Junior All-State honors and Honorable Mention Los Angeles Daily News All-Area honors as a junior…..As a sophomore, he completed 25 of 50 passes for 386 yards, 3 TDs and no INTs. He rushed for 168 yards on 28 carries (6.0 average)…..Has the ideal frame for a drop-back QB but also has surprising mobility and escapability from the pocket. Is a threat carrying the ball as well as throwing it……Has a very strong and accurate arm and can make all the throws. He just needs to get more game experience and shorten his delivery……A tough kid who isn’t afraid to mix it up……Looked pretty good at the 2007 U.S Army Combine after getting off to a slow start.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker:

You have to wonder if he'll be like Garrett Green. Pulled in the offers and almost came to Nebraska then when USC offered at the last minute he went there.

I understood what you meant with the reference to Green. lets hope that doesnt happen.

I watched Mallet throw the ball in at AA game and OMG, he was throwing ropes out there. Made Clausen look like sh#t IMO

You have to wonder if he'll be like Garrett Green. Pulled in the offers and almost came to Nebraska then when USC offered at the last minute he went there.

I understood what you meant with the reference to Green. lets hope that doesnt happen.

I watched Mallet throw the ball in at AA game and OMG, he was throwing ropes out there. Made Clausen look like sh#t IMO

That's the type of arm we need here at NU :thumbs

• 2 weeks later...

DAYNE CRIST, QB from Sherman Oaks (Notre Dame), California, has offers from LSU, Notre Dame, Oregon, Arizona, Minnesota, Duke, and Iowa.

"I don't have any favorites right now all schools are about even." said Crist, "I will commit at the end of the summer, once I take all my unofficial visits."

"I'm going to LSU on an unofficial visit this month and Notre Dame in April." he said, "I might take more unofficials depending on how these go."

"I went to USC's junior day's not to long ago and they indicated to me that they were close of offering me." said Crist.

"I like USC because it's close to home (15 minute drive) and they have great academics." he said, "USC has three QB's on scholarship now, but I would have to compete to play anyway. I also like USC's QB coach Steve Sarkisian."

"Iowa text messages me a lot." he said, "Drew Tate did a great job there. Iowa does great things with their QB's and they have great academics."

"Nebraska might offer." said Crist. "Coach Watson was suppose to fax over an offer to my coach, but he didn't do it. I would definitely consider Nebraska, they have a real good program."

"The West Coast Offense is different from what we ran at high school, it's more of a balance offense."

"I like Notre Dame because it's a top program and prestigious." he said, Coach Weis does a good job with the QB's. Notre Dames offense prepares you for the NFL."

DAYNE CRIST, QB from Sherman Oaks (Notre Dame), California, has offers from LSU, Notre Dame, Oregon, Arizona, Minnesota, Duke, and Iowa.

"I don't have any favorites right now all schools are about even." said Crist, "I will commit at the end of the summer, once I take all my unofficial visits."

"I'm going to LSU on an unofficial visit this month and Notre Dame in April." he said, "I might take more unofficials depending on how these go."

"I went to USC's junior day's not to long ago and they indicated to me that they were close of offering me." said Crist.

"I like USC because it's close to home (15 minute drive) and they have great academics." he said, "USC has three QB's on scholarship now, but I would have to compete to play anyway. I also like USC's QB coach Steve Sarkisian."

"Iowa text messages me a lot." he said, "Drew Tate did a great job there. Iowa does great things with their QB's and they have great academics."

"Nebraska might offer." said Crist. "Coach Watson was suppose to fax over an offer to my coach, but he didn't do it. I would definitely consider Nebraska, they have a real good program."

"The West Coast Offense is different from what we ran at high school, it's more of a balance offense."

"I like Notre Dame because it's a top program and prestigious." he said, Coach Weis does a good job with the QB's. Notre Dames offense prepares you for the NFL."

I don't care what this article says, he was offered weeks ago. That's why I posted him here.

• 1 month later...