Marcus Mendoza to be used in KO and punt returns?

This may be a little off the subject but in the Omaha World Herald they had this write up about the players and who comes in August and they mentioned Hagg coming in to play safety and Prince coming in to play corner. I dont know how accurate that is but that is more along the lines of what I thought would happen as well. In 08 they are only going to have Sullivan, Blue and Murillo and this will help address the depth issues they will have there, if the positions hold for West and Thenarse. I also figured that Hagg would be on defense bc they brought in the receivers they wanted and will probably go after two or three this next year as well. I actaully think that Mendoza will get some reps at running back throughout the season, nothing serious just some mop up duty, but it still something. I agree with a lot of you guys, he is going to be a good one.

This may be a little off the subject but in the Omaha World Herald they had this write up about the players and who comes in August and they mentioned Hagg coming in to play safety and Prince coming in to play corner. I dont know how accurate that is but that is more along the lines of what I thought would happen as well.

that's the impression i've gotten all along as well. Even though a lot of the recruits played RB in hs, only Castille was planned on doing the same for us. all the others were expected to move else where.

Which I agree with, it is a lot harder to get DB's who are 6'1-6'2 opposed to receivers. I think we have proven that we can get good receivers even if they are under the radar. We have a ton of options at receiver right now anyway, so why not move some of them to an area we need them at more. Plus it should make them happy bc they will get to play a lot sooner than if they were at receiver. I still think Hagg would be a hell of a receiver though.

If he can handle it let him suit up right out of the shoot. Why red shirt a player that probably won't be here for all 4 yrs if hes as good as he looks on film. If he can be one of the pieces that starts the march to winning a Big 12 championship and BCS game we are all waiting for, lets enjoy watching him as soon as we can. Keller only has the one year and than it's time to break in another young QB. If Mendoza can be even a little up grade in the return game over last years we need it. You put the best players on the field now days freshman or not. If your lucky they stay 4 yrs.

GBR!!!

Yeah Lucky had that one but it got called back on a fluke holding call... Lucky was 15 yards from the Endzone and 2 players started kind of fighting on the opposite 40 yard line and they called holding. I think we will see Mendoza on the field for sure because it doesnt seem like BC likes to redshirt a lot of guys.

Unless your on O-Line!!!!!!! :corndance