QB Keller cited for disturbing the peace

Keller's father is posting on another sites free board. And if what he's saying is true, Sam Keller really did nothing wrong. If what his father is saying is accurate a whole lot of people are jumping to conclusions and assuming things that in fact, did not happen. Also there are witnesses. So the truth will come out very shortly.

hEY hAWK..

Any links?

Sam's father posts on the free HuskersIllustrated site under the handle Keller90. The staff at HI have in the past confirmed it is Sam's father.

Thanks..

I liked the "Fade route" comment..

I was going to just stay away from all this...it just wasn't worth my or anyone else's time. But the reporting of this crap is just unbelievable.

The facts...Sam was waiting for a parking spot to open up...he had even asked the guy pulling out before hand if he was leaving. The other car pulls up while Sam is waiting for the other car to clear and darts into the parking spot. Sam never used any profanity but asked the girl what she was doing and that he had been waiting for the parking spot. She refuses even to roll down her window...Sam is enfuriated and throws his empty McDonalds paper drink cup (it was a small) at her front bumper. The car he was throwing at was quartering away from him so I would call it a fade route. He hit the bumper and then realizing littering was a venial sin...he picked up the cup and placed in the proper recepticle.

I can't even stay serious about this travesty of justice. Anyway, he did drive away and find another parking spot. He never swore, meant no one any harm but was obviously rnfuriated by the rude behaviour of the other driver. There are witnesses who can corrobate everything said here and that they told Sam at the time they would have done far worse if this girl had pulled the same rude action on them....

Having a day or two hindsight, I'd probably walk over to her, start unscrewing her valvestems on her tires and say, "You sure you want to stay in my spot with your tire leaking like that?"

But MY luck..She'd be packing a gun and shoot me in the nads..Or Pepper spray me.

Ahh...The Romance!

The few years I lived off campus i always made sure i had a class i really didn't care about early in the morning. That's because there were days when i'd drive around for a half hour trying to find a spot. If i sat and waited for someone to pull out and some jackass came along and snuck in before me I'd be pissed too.

My bet is that it was some chick who thought "too bad for you" when she took his spot and didn't realize that some people might do more than shake their fist and drive off.

If the worse thing our qb does is throw a cup at someone then we don't have any character issues to worry about.

I remember when I was going to school there (OK, Ok, it WAS a LONG time ago) there was a picture in the school paper of 2 yahoos who missed class because they were in a Mexican standoff with their cars at the entrance to a parking space! Doesn't sound like things have gotten any better!

I wonder how much press this incident would get if this was U of Miami?

ya know what... AT LEAST HE SAID HE WAS SORRY AND RECYCLED THE CUP..that stupid tramp wouldn't do that ...or even give him the time of day to apologize to him ... women...ya can't live with em, ya can't live without em... and i guess you can't use your big boy voice to tell them your very upset with them... and throw a beautiful fade to their bumper... only in Nebraska would this get the air time it has been getting.

IS IT SPRING GAME YET?

The facts...Sam was waiting for a parking spot to open up...he had even asked the guy pulling out before hand if he was leaving. The other car pulls up while Sam is waiting for the other car to clear and darts into the parking spot. Sam never used any profanity but asked the girl what she was doing and that he had been waiting for the parking spot. She refuses even to roll down her window...Sam is enfuriated and throws his empty McDonalds paper drink cup (it was a small) at her front bumper. The car he was throwing at was quartering away from him so I would call it a fade route. He hit the bumper and then realizing littering was a venial sin...he picked up the cup and placed in the proper recepticle.

So, in this case, it's nothing. And if ESPN has this going for headlines, then yes, it's overreaction. The initial reporting obviously gave us very little information to work with, so if this report is true, then it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Naturally, any reporting in the news media will try to hype it up and make it seem more major than it actually is. So I'm glad that's not the case.

All this said, though, I think it's strange how violently we all jumped to defend him and make excuses for him *before* anything, really, was known. Okay, so it wasn't like he was accused for raping anyone, and it wasn't like you or I wouldn't react this way...but is that even relevant? If the initial reports had been true to the word, that doesn't make it better.

IMO, it's downright childish of us to be automatically saying things like "the other driver was a tramp" or "the police should cite her, not Keller" or "the courts would say this is a waste of time." Assault charges are *never* a waste of a time. It's a serious matter. If it's not true, it'll all come out in the wash, and everything will be fine...but whether or not it's true is not for us to decide, or for us to argue over. If the story were true as trumped, then it's wrong no matter who does it.

Seriously...if this were Josh Freeman, the reaction on this board wouldn't be, "Well hell, if that were me..." you know?

All this said, though, I think it's strange how violently we all jumped to defend him and make excuses for him *before* anything, really, was known.

I see it just the opposite.

I don't think anyone violently jumped to defend Sam. I do think it's strange that so many fans are so willing to throw Sam under the bus and jump to conclusions and label his behavior as inappropriate. Someone was extremely rude to Sam and he called her on it. When someone treats you with disrespect you have the right to call them on it. We have heard nothing but good things about Sam's behavior. He has stepped up and is a team leader, and people that meet him have had nothing but good things to say about him. On the other hand we know nothing about the woman except the fact she is rude, arrogant and makes frivolous complaints to the police when people call her on her inappropriate behavior. It's not the cops fault, if someone wants to file a complaint he has to take it. But make no mistake, Sam did nothing wrong. This type of DTP citation is like a driving infraction. Most law abiding people could be cited for this dozens of times a year for no other reason than raising their voice, kicking a can, playing music too loud in their vehicle, or swearing in public.

This board is where Sam should be defended. I you want to see anti Sam Keller posts go to the buffs board. I'm sure they are all over this.

And yes I'm bored and can't wait for the spring game to get here otherwise I wouldn't have responded to your post. :)

Last I checked, what vocabulary you used was protected under the 1st amendment, calling someone names is within your rights, regardless of what others think about it. Being able to be charged with anything over what words come out of your mouth(not talking threats here) is a travisty, to say nothing of the fact that a paper cup can be considered assult says something about the fubared situation our legal system is in. "Kill all the lawyers, and kill them tonight" keeps sounding better and better.

The fact that people jumped to his defense has as much to do with the nothing he is being charged with as anything else. I would jump to the defense of anyone charged with any crime from the result of the words they used, or the volume it was used at.

It is also pretty clear that there is a problem with the LPD if you can be cited for what someone else says you did. They need something better to do with thier time, or the tax payers there need to trim the force down. Odds also are that if any of us posting here did the exact same thing, we dont get anything done agaisnt us. The only reason you would call the cops over something like this is that you know you can embarss the other person in the media, plain and simple.