QB Keller cited for disturbing the peace

...It is also pretty clear that there is a problem with the LPD if you can be cited for what someone else says you did. They need something better to do with thier time, or the tax payers there need to trim the force down. Odds also are that if any of us posting here did the exact same thing, we dont get anything done agaisnt us. The only reason you would call the cops over something like this is that you know you can embarss the other person in the media, plain and simple.

what chaps my ass about this whole thing is the charge......disturbing the peace? the LPD should spend more time chasing criminals, what a crock of sh#t!

I was under the impression that this was just a Campus Police issue..

"Course, I remember Freshman year..getting pulled over after leaving Herms Liquor on a Friday afternoon.

I'd forgotten seeing the "Left turn only" imbedded in the pavement West of (before) Herms parking lot (off 17th and R st.) and the little sign ahead, covered up by a tree..The LPD officer asked if we'd been drinking..I think I replied something like.."We haven't had time yet, Sir". Then forgot all about the court date (a day after my 30 year old sister had a stroke and me spending the night with her at Bryan Hospital)..

Until I got that arrest warrant a couple? weeks later in the mail.

I took pictures and drawings to court..and got off the "Not making a Left turn in the Left turn lane, but they got me for Failure to appear.

IS Herms Liquor still there?

• 1 month later...