QB Keller cited for disturbing the peace

By a show of hands, how many people have NOT got pissed off and slung a few expletives someones direction when that has happened to them?

I know we expect these guys to be super human and above everyone else, but geez, lets be real, most of us would probably do something rather similar.

Every single day some yahoo pisses me off when I drive and I utter a few choice words. The difference is that I have self control and don't throw things at someone. For those of you who are dismissing this, throwing an object at someone can be considered assault.

lets hang him by his toe nails and beat hell out of him, it was a frickin cup. How many people on here have been charged with disturbing the peace. I HAVE no big deal. I am guessing he has a pretty short rap sheet.

Every single day some yahoo pisses me off when I drive and I utter a few choice words. The difference is that I have self control and don't throw things at someone. For those of you who are dismissing this, throwing an object at someone can be considered assault.

So is sneezing!

I've been considering mounting a Paintball Gun under my Hood or Bumper with a trigger strategically mounted on my Steering wheel for all the drivers that Cut me off, Drive Drunk, Chat on Cell Phones while driving...It'd be a community service to "Mark" these offenders for other drivers..But it would probably get out of hand..I'd start shooting them for not signaling lane changes..Then for only driving the speed limit...But it's probably better than Road Rage/Real Guns.

I must respectfully disagree. Yes, anyone would be pissed, and yes, it was just a cup...but it's just plain despicable behavior to respond by yelling profanities and throwing *anything*.

You might consider that whoever took his parking spot was not necessarily some entrepeneuring jackass who thought, "Hey, there's that guy waiting for this spot. Let me just go and steal it from him." He may have been, or it may have been a misunderstanding - we don't know. That part isn't all that important.

What's upsetting is that a guy as high-profile as Sam reacted the way he did. You don't respond to rudeness by descending to their level, and you keep your composure in check. For someone who's supposedly destined to lead us on the road to glory in '07, that was low-class behavior unbecoming of a leader.

Don't get me wrong - I'm reserving judgment on Keller until I see him play and what he does for us on the team, and I'd love to see things work out on both ends. But when something like this happens, we've got to acknowledge it's wrong. No point defending what amounts to basically indefensible behavior for a guy who wants to be the pride of cornhusker nation. I like the guy, have high hopes for him, but I'm not happy with this bit of news.

Besides, we're talking about a Keller throw :) Very likely it tore a hole through the midsection of the car and ground to a stop sixty yards later.

I must respectfully disagree. Yes, anyone would be pissed, and yes, it was just a cup...but it's just plain despicable behavior to respond by yelling profanities and throwing *anything*.

You might consider that whoever took his parking spot was not necessarily some entrepeneuring jackass who thought, "Hey, there's that guy waiting for this spot. Let me just go and steal it from him." He may have been, or it may have been a misunderstanding - we don't know. That part isn't all that important.

What's upsetting is that a guy as high-profile as Sam reacted the way he did. You don't respond to rudeness by descending to their level, and you keep your composure in check. For someone who's supposedly destined to lead us on the road to glory in '07, that was low-class behavior unbecoming of a leader.

Don't get me wrong - I'm reserving judgment on Keller until I see him play and what he does for us on the team, and I'd love to see things work out on both ends. But when something like this happens, we've got to acknowledge it's wrong. No point defending what amounts to basically indefensible behavior for a guy who wants to be the pride of cornhusker nation. I like the guy, have high hopes for him, but I'm not happy with this bit of news.

Besides, we're talking about a Keller throw :) Very likely it tore a hole through the midsection of the car and ground to a stop sixty yards later.

Keller's father is posting on another sites free board. And if what he's saying is true, Sam Keller really did nothing wrong. If what his father is saying is accurate a whole lot of people are jumping to conclusions and assuming things that in fact, did not happen. Also there are witnesses. So the truth will come out very shortly.

The few years I lived off campus i always made sure i had a class i really didn't care about early in the morning. That's because there were days when i'd drive around for a half hour trying to find a spot. If i sat and waited for someone to pull out and some jackass came along and snuck in before me I'd be pissed too.

My bet is that it was some chick who thought "too bad for you" when she took his spot and didn't realize that some people might do more than shake their fist and drive off.

If the worse thing our qb does is throw a cup at someone then we don't have any character issues to worry about.

We're all lucky it wasn't Ritchie Incognito that had his parking spot taken. In his case, the 'cup' would have been a 'cinder block', and the 'flying explitives' would have been 'flying fists'. :madash

Actually Kellers lucky it wasn't Icognito he was yelling at. If it were they'd still be washing what was left of him down the storm drain with a fire house.

Any time a 200 lb man is yelling and screaming at a woman and throwing stuff at them it's a big deal. Where I grew up he'd be called a (starts with P has a u and a couple of ss's and a why in it). The cops write the ticket so they they aren't put in a place to be judge and jury. They did their job. The campus police, administrators or who ever will look at the case and decide if charges should be processed or dropped. It's pretty simple.

Jumping up and down and screaming at a girl.............a girl. Give me a break and all over a parking stall? If that were to happen in the parking lot of a shopping center he'd have been charged with making terroristic threats and be sitting in jail waiting on a bond hearing. His word against hers plus a few witnesses. The truth will come out and then we can see this young man has been falsely accused or if he is much less manly that he appears.