OL Bryce Givens

My guess is...consider him gone. He has a high school teammate that is going to Texas that he stated early on he would really like to play with. He had been waiting for an offer from the whorns, and it looks like he finally got it. I am fully expecting to lose him at this point. A reaffirmation from him towards us, although unlikely, sure would be refreshing though

i read on a pay site and i will try to paraphrase it.

after he got the offer from UT he called Coach Gilmore and told him that he was planning a visit to Austin. He also said that he was 99% sure that he was going to be a Husker, he just needed to go down there for him because he didnt want to wonder "What If".

he was also quoted saying that the O-Line recruits the NU is putting together is awesome.

He is coming to NU's camp with teammate Jimmy Miller who would commit on the spot if he got an offer (his words)

I wonder if this is more of a ploy to get Miller the offer

Feel 100% comfortable that Givens will end up at NU. He is using this "visit" as nothing more than to get his name higher on the minds of the pundits. Plus it sounds like he is wanting an AA Game invite, and feels that the NU commit, plus the Texas offer will help him get that. He will be at NU in the end. No worries.

Here is a quote supposedly from Givens off of another free board. Don't know which one, so Mods if you need to delete it, feel free to:

From another board

HELL NO

This is Bryce speaking, I appreciate your concern and that just shows how dedicated and how much you guys care about NU.i was never even thinking about going to Texas, i just wanted em to offer so i can hassle my boy N Brew and tell him he should've followed me but he wont listen, and also having that offer i thought could help me get into the AA Game but i think everything is under control now. You guys actually think i would leave all that i've worked for for NU. NO WAY. Im here to stay and like i said before the order will be restored, and we WILL win the ship.

If any of you think that quote was from Bryce, you are way too naive. Nothing is guaranteed now with him taking a visit to Austin. He wanted an offer from them early, and now he got it. I think that is the writing on the wall that HSKRNOKC was talking about. The theory that this is a ploy to get an offer for Miller might have some truth to it.

If he leaves atleast it seems like he will do it early, nothing is worse than the guys who decommit in the last couple days of signing day.

Don't get me wrong I want him, and dont want him to leave, but if he does I hope he gives us time to replace him because that will be a big gap in the class if we want 4 big time OL.